Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Still two issue to FIX

I am now very happy with my player after several issues have been fixed (turbo mode enabled to let me play 24/352 high res file and Edimax WiFi dongle to stream from network even at the highest bitrate) but I still need to fix two minor issues:

1) every time I boot the player, I need to go in "choose player" and select the second one avaialble, since the first does not work.
    Where come from these two players? How can I remove the not working one?

2) most of times I boot the player, the Internet radio are not avaialble and i have to restart.
    How to fix?

regards.
    Last edited by steff; 2017-10-21 at 07:45.

Fix what?

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

More context which player ? which OS ? what LMS version ? what interface do you "choose player" from ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by steff View Post
    I am now very happy with my player after several issues have been fixed (turobo mode enabled to let me play 24/352 high res file and Edimax WiFi dongle to stream from network even at the highest bitrate) but I still need to fix two minor issues:

1) every time I boot the player, I need to go in "choose player" and select the second one avaialble, since the first does not work.
    Where come from these two players? How can I remove the not working one?

2) most of times I boot the player, the Internet radio are not avaialble and i have to restart.
    How to fix?

regards.
    I am guessing you are using a Pi

You probably have 2 x players because it has connected both wired and wireless - the network interfaces have different MAC addresses.
    Pi3 with piCoreplayer music on QNAP TS419p via NFS iThingys/iPeng/Tablets/Jogglers
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s
    Office - Pi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN 755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones

From previous posts by the Op i think you are correct, pCP with Jivelite and a screen i presume.

Could it be that there are two Wireless IP, as I think the OP has changed from 2.4 to 5 whatever hz or gb

ronnie

OK...

It is a Raspeberry Pi3 equipped with its LCD touchscreen.
    Everything is running in the same box but the media files are on a NAS.

the Rpi3 has, of course, a wired ethernet port (not used, unplugged), a built-in WiFi (disabled by the piCorePlayer interface) and a Edimax WiFi USB WiFi adapter (the one used)

thanks a lot

the Rpi3 has, of course, a wired ethernet port (not used, unplugged), a built-in WiFi (disabled by the piCorePlayer interface) and a Edimax WiFi USB WiFi adapter (the one used)

thanks a lot
    Show us the first 3 colums from the Mac Address of the "first does not work Player"
    Its B827EB ???

Quote Originally Posted by DJanGo View Post
    Show us the first 3 colums from the Mac Address of the "first does not work Player"
    Its B827EB ???
    how can I do that?

how can I do that?

My players are listed (with their MAC addresses) on the Information tab on the LMS Settings page

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    My players are listed (with their MAC addresses) on the Information tab on the LMS Settings page
    this is what I see

piCorePlayer
    Modello del lettore: SqueezeLite
    Tipo lettore: squeezelite
    Firmware: v1.8.7-999
    Indirizzo IP del lettore: 192.168.1.40
    Indirizzo MAC del lettore: 74:da:38:xx:xx:xx

In the web page of my LMS (running in the same Rpi3) I can see just one player and its MAC address is the one of the Edimax WiFi USB adapter.

For the other problem (radio not always available) I noticed that stopping and restarting only the LMS solves the problem but it is very annoying because I can not (I am not able, I do not know how to do that) restart the LMS from the LCD touchscreen... I need the web browser.
    Last edited by steff; 2017-10-22 at 14:44.