Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirrunna View Post
    David,
    There is a way to MIP tag 24/96 flac files,
    see https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...-Tags-for-flac

The steps would be use dbPoweramp (or Foobar) to convert to 16/44 flac,

MIP analyze and archive tags,

With the 16/44 files selected in MP3Tag, select File menu >> Export, where you can export tags to a text file.

Then, with the 24/96 flac files selected in MP3Tag, select Convert menu >> Text file - Tag, where you can import the tags exported to the text file.

I haven't tried it but a test on an album would be worth trying, after all it would be a once only exercise.
    And same process for 24/192 as well I am guessing. Thanks for that, but a pity to lose the 24/192 and 24/96 now that I have them Will try it out of interest, though.

Cheers, David
    Server pi3 pCP LMS
    Media ReadyNAS DuoV2
    Lounge/dining areas SBT > Denon AVR2113 > Bose Acoustimass10 / Krix Seismix3 18" 300w RMS custom cinema sub (& AR 77XB turntable, Stanton 680MkII / Grado F-1+ > NAD7155 to phono pre-amp > Amp etc)
    Family/kitchen SBT > Denon AVRX3000 zone 1 > Krix Acoustix F, Centrix C, Holographix R & Original Seismix 7 15" 400w RMS sub
    Alfresco as above zone 2 > Krix Tropix
    Others SB Player/androids > Bose Soundlink Mini
    SBT/SB Player Remotes Squeeze Ctrl/androids

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBulluss View Post
    And same process for 24/192 as well I am guessing. Thanks for that, but a pity to lose the 24/192 and 24/96 now that I have them Will try it out of interest, though.

Cheers, David
    The 16/44 version of the files is purely so MIP can analyze the music. The way MIP works is to convert the music into .wav in memory and then analyze and put the fingerprint into the MIP database on your computer and optionally write (archive) the tags to the file . After the analysis is archived MIP can read the fingerprint from the tags and doesn't have to perform the analysis again.
    I'm betting that MIP will be able to read the tags of 24/192 files.
    So after MIP has tagged the 16/44 and you have copied the tags to the 24/192 files you would delete the 16/44 versions, then MIP will read the analysis tags on the 24/192 files and be able to make mixes.
    A camel is a racehorse designed by a committee.

Seen sprayed on the outside wall of the local library -
    Three things I hate in life :
    1. Vandalism
    2. Irony
    3. Lists

Quote Originally Posted by Wirrunna View Post
    The 16/44 version of the files is purely so MIP can analyze the music. The way MIP works is to convert the music into .wav in memory and then analyze and put the fingerprint into the MIP database on your computer and optionally write (archive) the tags to the file . After the analysis is archived MIP can read the fingerprint from the tags and doesn't have to perform the analysis again.
    I'm betting that MIP will be able to read the tags of 24/192 files.
    So after MIP has tagged the 16/44 and you have copied the tags to the 24/192 files you would delete the 16/44 versions, then MIP will read the analysis tags on the 24/192 files and be able to make mixes.
    That is all logical and makes sense. My only hiccup is not knowing how to transfer tags from the 16/44 files to the 24/xxx files... I have a few thousand of them... I know I can copy them in MP3tag as a batch for an album and then paste to the higher def file, but doing a whole media library at a time seems full of possible errors... is that going to be the only way?

Cheers, David
    Last edited by DavidBulluss; 2017-11-12 at 22:37. Reason: More text
    Server pi3 pCP LMS
    Media ReadyNAS DuoV2
    Lounge/dining areas SBT > Denon AVR2113 > Bose Acoustimass10 / Krix Seismix3 18" 300w RMS custom cinema sub (& AR 77XB turntable, Stanton 680MkII / Grado F-1+ > NAD7155 to phono pre-amp > Amp etc)
    Family/kitchen SBT > Denon AVRX3000 zone 1 > Krix Acoustix F, Centrix C, Holographix R & Original Seismix 7 15" 400w RMS sub
    Alfresco as above zone 2 > Krix Tropix
    Others SB Player/androids > Bose Soundlink Mini
    SBT/SB Player Remotes Squeeze Ctrl/androids

David,
    Hold fire, the tag copy is not as simple as I thought.
    I will have a play and report back.

1. Vandalism
    2. Irony
    3. Lists

David,
    The details of exporting tags are here - https://forums.mp3tag.de/index.php?showtopic=10760&st=0

It ain't simple.

1. Vandalism
    2. Irony
    3. Lists

Since you're on Windows, Mediamonkey might have a solution for the transferring of tags (http://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/br...cate-find-fix/). I've never used this addon for this purpose, but I can vouch for mediamonkey as I use it for all tagging and library management since like forever ...
    Main System: Touch; Marantz SR-5004; TMA Premium 905; TMA Premium 901; BK Monolith+ FF; HDI Dune Smart D1; Pioneer PDP-LX5090H
    Workshop: iPad 32GB Wifi + Squeezepad (local playback activated)
    Wherever needed: Acer Iconia Tab A700 + Squeezeplayer
    Car: BananaPi LMS + Squeezeplayer on Android phone - Controller TBD ...

just fyi: the metaflac cli tool (part of the official FLAC package) can export and import tags to files, so the whole process could be scripted easily...