Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LMS 7.9.1 can not change tracks on one 192/24 FLAC with cue sheet

Hello,

As 99.9% of my files are 44.1/16 FLACs, I did not discover this problem until I got few 192/24 FLACs. The thing is that I can not change tracks specifically on 192/24 FLAC with cue sheet. It will always play from beginning. The following is the error log:

Code:
    [17-10-14 19:42:04.7867] Slim::Player::Protocols::File::open (193) Error: could not seek to -1 for E:\MyMusic\ÀرT¨B\2001 - A BEST\CDImage.flac: Invalid argument
    While playing on 96/24 or 88.2/24 FLACs, there is no problem at all! So far, my solution is to convert FLAC to WAVPACK, but I wish I can play 192/24 FLAC instead of WAVPACK. Is there anyone having this problem? How to solve it? Thanks.

Poting

LMS 7.9.1 can not change tracks onone 192/24 FLAC with cue sheet

> [17-10-14 19:42:04.7867] Slim::Player::Protocols::File:pen (193) Error: could not seek to -1 for E:\MyMusic\ÀرT¨B\2001 - A BEST\CDImage.flac: Invalid argument

Looks like yet another path encoding issue... the cue sheet is referring
    to a file it can't find because the encoding is wrong somewhere. What if
    you embedded the cue sheet in the file? Or simply split the flac file?...

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > [17-10-14 19:42:04.7867] Slim::Player::Protocols::File:pen (193) Error: could not seek to -1 for E:\MyMusic\€˜±T¨B\2001 - A BEST\CDImage.flac: Invalid argument

Looks like yet another path encoding issue... the cue sheet is referring
    to a file it can't find because the encoding is wrong somewhere. What if
    you embedded the cue sheet in the file? Or simply split the flac file?...

--

Michael

Hi Michael,

The log is not UTF-8 encoded so you will see weird characters. Both files are correctly parsed by LMS. If the FLAC is simply re-sampled to 96/24, the problem went away. I replaced the flac.exe to the latest version but it didn't help. There must be people playing 192k FLAC here, so I am wondering if this is caused by my computer or anything. Mine is windows 10 x64 with latest LMS 7.9.1.

Poting
    Last edited by Phuang3; 2017-10-15 at 02:16.

It turns out the LMS has problem analyzing 2GB+ FLACs. I played another smaller FLAC (1.3GB) and the track seeking is functional. (My flac.exe is 1.3.2 64bit version) Strangely, 2GB+ wavpack can be analyzed and I can seek tracks.

Poting
    Last edited by Phuang3; 2017-10-17 at 18:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuang3 View Post
    It turns out the LMS has problem analyzing 2GB+ FLACs. I played another smaller FLAC (1.3GB) and the track seeking is functional.
    2Gb+ single file? Ouch!
    "To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953

Quote Originally Posted by Julf View Post
    2Gb+ single file? Ouch!

Yes, I prefer single FLAC with external cue sheet. Unfortunately, most 192k music albums are larger than 2GB.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuang3 View Post
    Yes, I prefer single FLAC with external cue sheet.
    Just curious as to why? It makes things more complicated, and I can't see any benefit.
    "To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953

Quote Originally Posted by Julf View Post
    Just curious as to why? It makes things more complicated, and I can't see any benefit.
    Just want to reduce the file count, and most importantly I have lots albums from Asia. Using the title as file name could be a problem for for some players.

External cue sheet can be easily manipulated by text editors. MP3Tag may be handy for Tags, but I'm just not very good at it. I use UltraEdit to do batch replace and it also supports regular expression.

Poting

You don't need to use the correct title as filename even if you use tags , you can use some English title but still have Chinese tags .

Browse album and browse artist etc only cares for tags or cue sheet content .

That said 2GB sound almost like a file system disk format or OS issue ?
    What is you LMS server ? Hardware and OS ? 32 bit or 64 bit ?

Does it work,with wavpack >2GB ? Or any other format like WAV ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

It does sound lke an OS/File system/32bitvs64 bit issue issue - for example Fat16 has 2Gb file size limit.

Alternatively there may be a bug/mismatch in the file creator - how was the file created ? Was it created using Flac or another application ?