Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    186

    SBR support from Logitech dead?

    My SBR has quit working for a couple of days, now. It won't connect at all and the icon is red, which indicates the Logitech server is down. I've actually discussed this before with Logitech over the phone. And, over time, radio stations quit playing and give a "connection reset by remote host" error. That's not a problem on my end and I updated to the UE firmware a long time ago since Logitech couldn't be bothered to provide an update for iHeart radio support when so many stations switched to that format.

    I wonder if Logitech is just dumping server support for good since these units were discontinued years ago. We all should have known this was coming one day. Now, I need another internet radio. Any recommendations? Is the one by Gracie that looks just like the SBR with the volume knob on top any good?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    979
    Just run LMS and flash it back to Squeezebox firmware. Works fine.


    Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

  3. #3
    Babelfish's Best Boy mherger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    19,760

    SBR support from Logitech dead?

    > My SBR has quit working for a couple of days, now. It won't connect at
    > all and the icon is red, which indicates the Logitech server is down.


    We do indeed have an issue on uesmartradio.com right now. I'll look into
    it asap.

    --

    Michael

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by drmatt View Post
    Just run LMS and flash it back to Squeezebox firmware. Works fine.


    Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk

    Ok, great, so won't that cause my iHeart radio stations to stop working, which is why I updated to UE in the first place?


    I don't see a way to even do that when I open LMS.
    Last edited by buffettck; 2017-10-11 at 17:58.

  5. #5
    Senior Member toby10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    USA (home of the bottomless credit card)
    Posts
    9,088
    Quote Originally Posted by buffettck View Post
    Ok, great, so won't that cause my iHeart radio stations to stop working, which is why I updated to UE in the first place?


    I don't see a way to even do that when I open LMS.
    Correct. SB does not support the iHeartRadio app. Stations disappearing from iHeartRadio (UE) or TuneIn (SB) access have nothing to do with UE or SB. The stations are choosing to limit their stream access, usually to ad supported web access only formats.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    186
    So, this looks like what will be the death of stand-alone table top internet radios, at least for mainstream stations since iHeart seems to be acquiring so many of them.

  7. #7
    Senior Member pippin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    14,142
    Quote Originally Posted by buffettck View Post
    So, this looks like what will be the death of stand-alone table top internet radios, at least for mainstream stations since iHeart seems to be acquiring so many of them.
    Internet Radio in general is quickly dying right now because since the royalty rules changed last year pretty much all of them are running at a hefty loss while users are moving away towards YouTube and random access streaming with curated or automated playlists like in Spotify or Apple Music.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    186
    So, what would be the best solution for someone who just wants to listen to regular radio without any BS like I was able to do before? I live out in the boonies and don't get many stations clearly and that's why I went with internet radio. I mainly listen to it to fall asleep at night and catch up on news in the mornings.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    981
    Quote Originally Posted by buffettck View Post
    So, what would be the best solution for someone who just wants to listen to regular radio without any BS like I was able to do before? I live out in the boonies and don't get many stations clearly and that's why I went with internet radio. I mainly listen to it to fall asleep at night and catch up on news in the mornings.
    You could use the iheartmusic app on your phone and play to a Bluetooth speaker.

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,164
    There are thousands on 'internet' stations - shouldn't be too difficult to find a selection to your taste!
    Touch, Logitech Radio, Logitech UE Radio, O2 Joggler + SqpOS
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    Castbridge - Chromecast 1 + Chromecast Audio
    AirplayBridge - Loewe Airspeaker
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •