Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    You could use the iheartmusic app on your phone and play to a Bluetooth speaker.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    I thought about that then I thought about the need of being tethered to an A/C outlet all the time even more. LOL

Does the app have a sleep timer? How obnoxious are the iHeart commercials above and beyond the regular commercials on a given radio station?

Quote Originally Posted by buffettck View Post
    I thought about that then I thought about the need of being tethered to an A/C outlet all the time even more. LOL

Does the app have a sleep timer? How obnoxious are the iHeart commercials above and beyond the regular commercials on a given radio station?
    I have no idea. I am in the UK so cannot access it. The BBC radio app has an alarm and a sleep timer so it may have. I assume it is free to download, try it.

Why would you be tethered to an AC outlet?

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    There are thousands on 'internet' stations - shouldn't be too difficult to find a selection to your taste!
    I want my local stations. The exact ones.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post

Why would you be tethered to an AC outlet?
    Um, because having the phone on listening to the radio for hours every day, which I don't currently do, would burn down the battery all that much faster?

Um, because having the phone on listening to the radio for hours every day, which I don't currently do, would burn down the battery all that much faster?
    With the screen off it might not be too bad. If you have a tablet leave that plugged in.

I want my local stations. The exact ones.
    If they don't provide a suitable feed then your complaint should be to those stations ?
    Touch, Logitech Radio, Logitech UE Radio, O2 Joggler + SqpOS
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    Castbridge - Chromecast 1 + Chromecast Audio
    AirplayBridge - Loewe Airspeaker
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, the phone (or tablet) does not have to be on "all day".

You would have to spend a little money, and I have to say, this is an 'Android' solution.

Here in the UK, this is what I can do.

I use either a 1st gen Moto G phone, connecting only to my wi-fi network or a Lenovo yoga tab 3 connected n a similar manner.

These, or more suitable examples are now available cheaply as they are not current sale models.

I bought (as a sale item, for about $20) a Google Audio Chromecast.

The phone or tablet is used to connect to the radio station, the signal is 'cast' to the Audio Chromecast which is connected to the hi-fi, the radio station plays and I switch off the phone or tablet and leave it playing.

To change stations I just switch on the appropriate controller and repeat the exercise.

There is a "Chromecast" bridge plugin for LMS which one can utilise.

The end device for playing the 'cast' radio station can also be any one of the many stand alone radios which are available and support "casting".

Just an idea...

Where in the "boonies" are you? just roughly speaking

Ronnie