Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by egarc View Post
    There isn't a good replacement for Squeezebox unless you're willing to spend a lot of money. I dread the day my squeezebox.com goes dark.
    The aforementioned Grace Digital Mondo+ has been working great for me and it was well under $200. You don't have to spend "a lot of money" to get a competent Squeezebox replacement. My Squeezebox got so unstable and frustrating that it's waiting for a trip to the desert and I have a round of 12ga 00 buckshot with its name on it.

Quote Originally Posted by egarc View Post
    There isn't a good replacement for Squeezebox unless you're willing to spend a lot of money. I dread the day my squeezebox.com goes dark.

Sure there is, it's called Raspberry Pi! I just built an SB Touch Clone for $182 that includes an upgraded 7 inch Touch Display plus 30 watts per channel out! If one doesn't need a display, just a 30 Watt per channel streaming device, one only needs to spend $115. If one just needs a streaming device with analog/digital outs, then one is under $85.

LMS has never been as stable and strong as it is now! I haven't had a single issue with any of my servers or any of my devices or services in almost 10 years (with the exception of issues caused by stupid changes made by a streaming service). Over 85 percent of the issues and problems users have are caused by poor setup, poor infrastructure choices (equipment choices, Windows OS, no Ethernet in high WiFi interference environment), not enough Server, or poorly designed network setup. Now Windows Lovers don't get upset, yes Windows work, I am just of the opinion there are better OS choices available for running LMS, Vortexbox for example.

Many things have changed int he last 15 years and yet Squeezebox and LMS has been able to keep up and in my opinion there is no reason to start over on very expensive closed systems. YMMV
    iPhone
    Media Room:
    ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
    Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model 3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
    Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
    Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
    Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
    Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
    Ford Thunderbird: SB Touch, USB drive
    Ford Expedition: SB Touch, USB drive