Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Error message

Quote Originally Posted by StevePalmer View Post
    Bit confused philippe_44! ☺ Nothing unusual! ☺ Isn't Airplay related to Apple and/or iTunes?

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk
    It’s related to Apple. iTunes is one of the apps that can use it but there are lots of others on iOS. Forget it on Android.

If you had an iPhone you could AirPlay stuff from your phone to your Receiver.

However what Phillipe means is that with his very clever Airbridge plugin you can convert the AirPlay bit in your Receiver into a quasi SB player and control it via whatever means you use for your real SB devices.

This is a zero cost alternative. You just need to use Phillipe’s Plugin. It’s pretty easy to set up.
    Pi3 with piCoreplayer music on QNAP TS419p via NFS iThingys/iPeng/Tablets/Jogglers
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s
    Office - Pi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN 755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    It’s related to Apple. iTunes is one of the apps that can use it but there are lots of others on iOS. Forget it on Android.

However what Phillipe means is that with his very clever Airbridge plugin you can convert the AirPlay bit in your Receiver into a quasi SB player and control it via whatever means you use for your real SB devices.

This is a zero cost alternative. You just need to use Phillipe’s Plugin. It’s pretty easy to set up.
    Thought so! I don't use Apple products and services at all.

Steve
    Kettering, UK

Does the Chromecast (castBridge) now do gapless Phillipe?
    The problem is that I've not seen an update of the protocol that explains how to use that, if available. I think I've seen some update of the API on Android, but I'm using a much lower level interface, basically a direct connection to the CC player.

One can always write another "media receiver" (the application that runs inside the CC and is responsible for all communication with controller(s) as well as getting the audio), but that a much bigger effort. Ideally, if one want to engage in such venture, it's probably a better ideal to write a native slimproto application

So basically, today, I'm using the "default receiver" and it's still track after track, and I have to wait for track N to end before sending N+1.
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express

Quote Originally Posted by StevePalmer View Post
    Thought so! I don't use Apple products and services at all.

Yes, the only involvment you'd have with Apple is that the player is AirPlay comaptible, nothing else will be visible to you
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express

Ahh, I understand now! Thanks! I'm going to look into this Airplay route...

Steve
    Kettering, UK