Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Error message

Error message

Hi Folks

Been having a few issues (unusually!) with LMS not appearing as a server on my Win10 network, although all my Radios around the house can play radio stations as well as my MP3 collection. In fact, everything seems to work, except I can't *see* LMS on any PC as a media device. Weird! Occasionally, the icone will re-appear, but then after a reboot, it disappears again. I can also ALWAYS see the tray icon in my system tray, so I'm guessing that the problem isn't that serious!

In most other ways, LMS is perfectly well-behaved, but the 'non-appearance' as a server in Win10 means I'm not getting LMS as an option to play my music on say, my android phone or tablet.

I checked the server log today and saw the following 'error'. Can anyone tell me what it actually means, and whether it's likely to be related to LMS appearing/disappearing as an icon in media devices.

Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Events::error (323) Subscribe/unsubscribe error: 412 Precondition Failed
    Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Events::error (323) Subscribe/unsubscribe error: 412 Precondition Failed

Does the fact that it's showing more than once, mean anything other that it's trying, and trying etc?

Thanks Guys! Your advice is appreciated, as always.

Steve
    Steve
    Kettering, UK

These sort of errors may be due to caching old data. UPNP is the mechanism which will make LMS appear under Windows and other system which recognise uPNP servers.

I'd enable network.upnp logging to get more info. If it is on startup you'll also need to tick the "save logging ..."

Cheers BPA.

How do I enable 'network.upnp logging'?

If I post the log here, would you be able to diagnose it for me?

Thanks
    Steve
    Kettering, UK

WebUI Settings/Advanced/Logging

1. Scroll down to network.upnp and set to INFO
    2. Check the box marked "Save logging settings for use at next application restart"
    3. Click Apply.

It is best to start a new log file as then you'll be able to post the zip archive of whole log file (i.e. no need to cut & paste from a big log file with loits of history) . The link to server.log ZIP archive can be found at top of WebUI Setting/Advanced/Logging

If this problem comes and goes - Is it worth the effort to investigate as the problem is likely to be a caching issue with something holding on to a old data (probably Windows) or somehting not shutdown/restarted or restarted too quickly etc. ?

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post

It is best to start a new log file as then you'll be able to post the zip archive of whole log file
    I have often wondered about the best way to start a new log file. Is there a better way than manually deleting the current one?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    WebUI Settings/Advanced/Logging

1. Scroll down to network.upnp and set to INFO
    2. Check the box marked "Save logging settings for use at next application restart"
    3. Click Apply.

It is best to start a new log file as then you'll be able to post the zip archive of whole log file (i.e. no need to cut & paste from a big log file with loits of history) . The link to server.log ZIP archive can be found at top of WebUI Setting/Advanced/Logging

If this problem comes and goes - Is it worth the effort to investigate as the problem is likely to be a caching issue with something holding on to a old data (probably Windows) or somehting not shutdown/restarted or restarted too quickly etc. ?
    Cheers bpa... I'm on it! Will report back soon(ish)

Steve
    Steve
    Kettering, UK

Hey BPA, here's the log file (I think)

Does this help?
    server.log
    Steve
    Kettering, UK

No new messages so after looking uPNP code and it seems all logging is done at DEBUG level. Please repeat with network.upnp at DEBUG.

If these mnessage have just started happening - what has changed on your system ?
    There seems to be roughly same number of upnp messages as ickstream messages - is isckstream new ?

yes, ickstream IS new. Installed yesterday, but missing server icon on Win10 was happening before then.

Off to debug...
    Steve
    Kettering, UK

Hi again BPA

Here is the replacement log with logging set to 'debug'.

Are the contents of any help in determining the issue (point taken about ickstream!)

server.log.zip

Cheers

Steve
    Steve
    Kettering, UK