Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    11

    m3u playlist do not play!?

    Hi

    I have LMS 7.7.5 running - but my squeezbox players will not play simple m3u playlist created on the pc?

    Should I set something up or how to do this?

    TIA

  2. #2
    Senior Member toby10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    USA (home of the bottomless credit card)
    Posts
    9,096
    OS? Hardware players? Does LMS correctly see and scan the playlists? Just won't play m3u, other types work? How were playlists created?
    Last edited by toby10; 2017-10-08 at 02:48.

  3. #3
    Senior Member DJanGo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,371
    Quote Originally Posted by sparx View Post
    Hi

    I have LMS 7.7.5 running - but my squeezbox players will not play simple m3u playlist created on the pc?

    Should I set something up or how to do this?

    TIA
    The Path in the m3u must be exact like lms could find the file!

    Is there a network share involved ?


    Grap one of your m3u with something like notepad and look for the first file.
    Go to lms browse media folder and try to use the path in the m3u.

    Is there a difference?

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
    OS? Hardware players? Does LMS correctly see and scan the playlists? Just won't play m3u, other types work? How were playlists created?
    It is running on Windows 7. Trying to play it from Logitech squeezebox radio.
    I can find the m3u file on the radio.
    How to check if it scans correctly

    Playlist created from j. River mediacenter

    The m3u just contains all the paths and filenames of the mp3s

    Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by DJanGo View Post
    The Path in the m3u must be exact like lms could find the file!

    Is there a network share involved ?


    Grap one of your m3u with something like notepad and look for the first file.
    Go to lms browse media folder and try to use the path in the m3u.

    Is there a difference?
    What is the lms browse media folder?

    No network share. It is drive connected to server pc

    The paths to files in m3u are the right paths...

    Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Senior Member DJanGo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,371
    Quote Originally Posted by sparx View Post
    What is the lms browse media folder?

    The paths to files in m3u are the right paths...
    BMF / Browse Media Folder is a menuepoint in the main lms gui under my music - it allows you to play files from the server without using the lms database

    Whats inside your server log after playing on m3u?

  7. #7
    Senior Member kidstypike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brindle
    Posts
    2,356
    Quote Originally Posted by sparx View Post
    It is drive connected to server pc
    Is the drive connected to your PC scanned by both JRiver and LMS?
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Raspberry Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - RPi 2/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - Radio
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by DJanGo View Post
    BMF / Browse Media Folder is a menuepoint in the main lms gui under my music - it allows you to play files from the server without using the lms database

    Whats inside your server log after playing on m3u?
    How do I get to the lms gui?

    Where do I find log?

    Sorry newbie, only accessed it through the radio and dlna

    Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Is the drive connected to your PC scanned by both JRiver and LMS?
    Yes

    Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by sparx View Post
    How do I get to the lms gui?

    Where do I find log?

    Sorry newbie, only accessed it through the radio and dlna

    Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk
    Found the gui

    Playlist1.m3u I can find, but not play, it only has a heart feature when I hold mouse over...




    Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •