Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Connection reset by remote host

Since my local station ( WAEB AM 790, Allentown, PA) no longer works with Radio Time Tunein, I updated my SB Radio to UE so I could install the Iheart app.. No problem, all went well UNTIL I now tried, via I Heart, to play said station.
    It works fine on my Ipad and PC via Iheart. On the updated SB I now get Connection reset by remote host. So I went back to the orig SB firmware and tried installing the UE update again, same thing. Everything else ( Pandora, etc,) works just fine. Figures the ONE station I listen to EVERY morning does not work. I even added the URL to favorites prior to the update.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

Joe

Same here and I didn't update anything recently. I updated to UE a long time ago and one of my regular stations just quit working with the same "connection reset" error. In fact, my piece of crap SBR doesn't even work at all now. I can't get a connection at all and the icon is red. I think Logitech is just starting to drop server support for it since it was discontinued years ago. We're just now seeing it. Thanks a pant load, Logitech.

The problem is not Logitech but the station who have moved to iheart and iheart restrict access. LMS has never had iheart support. Connection reset really mean the the far end doesn't reply.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    The problem is not Logitech but the station who have moved to iheart and iheart restrict access. LMS has never had iheart support. Connection reset really mean the the far end doesn't reply.
    As I said above, I'm running UE Smartradio, not LMS. That's what we had to do to get iHeart stations long ago and it's been working fine. Something else changed.

But, I guess it doesn't really matter since the stupid thing won't even connect and work at all in the first place.

Not using LMS. I only "updated" to UE because my local station ( WAEB AM 790 Allentown) moved off of Tune-in and went to I-Heart exclusively. I was getting a 404 error for it on SB. Since the UE "update" has an I-Heart app I thought it work fine as it works fine on my I-Pad and PC. In the past when the UE "update" came out and I tried it my station worked fine. So no idea why it doesnt now.

Curious if it will work on a non "updated" UE radio.

Joe

Michael Herger wrote in another thread about this or similar UE radio issue
    > My SBR has quit working for a couple of days, now. It won't connect at
    > all and the icon is red, which indicates the Logitech server is down.

We do indeed have an issue on uesmartradio.com right now. I'll look into
    it asap.

Quote Originally Posted by bitstopjoe View Post
    Not using LMS. I only "updated" to UE because my local station ( WAEB AM 790 Allentown) moved off of Tune-in and went to I-Heart exclusively. I was getting a 404 error for it on SB. Since the UE "update" has an I-Heart app I thought it work fine as it works fine on my I-Pad and PC. In the past when the UE "update" came out and I tried it my station worked fine. So no idea why it doesnt now.

Curious if it will work on a non "updated" UE radio.

Joe
    I doubt it would work. My SBR stopped working with all iHeart radio stations, which is what forced me to update to UE in the first place. Sucks because I lost podcast ability and the weather app. I'm really thinking about just trashing this unit and getting another internet radio. The SBR is ancient anyways and it's obvious Logitech doesn't support it anymore and hasn't for a long time.

Michael Herger wrote in another thread about this or similar UE radio issue
    Thanks, I saw that but I didnt lose any presets or favorites, so I dont think it applies to my problem

Joe

Bpa actually quoted me. I didn't lose any favorites or other settings. It's that the whole damned thing doesn't work for playing anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by buffettck View Post
    I doubt it would work. My SBR stopped working with all iHeart radio stations, which is what forced me to update to UE in the first place. Sucks because I lost podcast ability and the weather app. I'm really thinking about just trashing this unit and getting another internet radio. The SBR is ancient anyways and it's obvious Logitech doesn't support it anymore and hasn't for a long time.

This might help?

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post897033

Ronnie