Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

pCP V3.22 issues with LMS and 2 synced SBTs

Have already explored this in "Spotty help - raspberry Pi the answer?" but it has proven itself to have nothing to do with Spotty so will start a new thread.

Problem with pCP 3.22 is that when I use 2 synced SBTs together with pCP on Raspberry Pi3 and LMS pointed at media library on ReadyNAS the play is regularly pausing during each track a few times, and then eventually refuses to play any tracks and skips to the end track in the list and stops. Switch back to pCP 3.21 and the problem goes away. Problem has only occurred since I updated to 3.22. I am only playing tracks from my media server (ReadyNAS), not via Spotty. Anyone having this problem?

All advice welcome.

Regards, David

EDIT: Hmmm... just gone back to Pcp 3.21 and now the problem is still there... no idea where to start looking! Has never been a problem before.
    Last edited by DavidBulluss; 2017-10-05 at 00:14.
    Server pi3 pCP LMS
    Media ReadyNAS DuoV2
    Lounge/dining areas SBT > Denon AVR2113 > Bose Acoustimass10 / Krix Seismix3 18" 300w RMS custom cinema sub (& AR 77XB turntable, Stanton 680MkII / Grado F-1+ > NAD7155 to phono pre-amp > Amp etc)
    Family/kitchen SBT > Denon AVRX3000 zone 1 > Krix Acoustix F, Centrix C, Holographix R & Original Seismix 7 15" 400w RMS sub
    Alfresco as above zone 2 > Krix Tropix
    Others SB Player/androids > Bose Soundlink Mini
    SBT/SB Player Remotes Squeeze Ctrl/androids

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBulluss View Post
    Have already explored this in "Spotty help - raspberry Pi the answer?" but it has proven itself to have nothing to do with Spotty so will start a new thread.

Problem with pCP 3.22 is that when I use 2 synced SBTs together with pCP on Raspberry Pi3 and LMS pointed at media library on ReadyNAS the play is regularly pausing during each track a few times, and then eventually refuses to play any tracks and skips to the end track in the list and stops. Switch back to pCP 3.21 and the problem goes away. Problem has only occurred since I updated to 3.22. I am only playing tracks from my media server (ReadyNAS), not via Spotty. Anyone having this problem?

All advice welcome.

Regards, David

EDIT: Hmmm... just gone back to Pcp 3.21 and now the problem is still there... no idea where to start looking! Has never been a problem before.

As a check can you install LMS on another computer and run like that for a while?

Also, maybe run an overnight disk-check on the NAS ?

Ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    As a check can you install LMS on another computer and run like that for a while?

Also, maybe run an overnight disk-check on the NAS ?

Ronnie
    Ronnie, haven't yet done a disk-check on the NAS this time round (did one about a week ago) but closed every thing in the system down ... NAS, modem/router, routers, Pi3, etc., and upon restart all is working fine. Updated to 3.22, and all is working fine again. Am about to attempt using a USB stick into the USB of the Pi3 as a media library and run the two synced Touches... failed last time but maybe after setting it up a full restart may assist!

Cheers, David
    Server pi3 pCP LMS
    Media ReadyNAS DuoV2
    Lounge/dining areas SBT > Denon AVR2113 > Bose Acoustimass10 / Krix Seismix3 18" 300w RMS custom cinema sub (& AR 77XB turntable, Stanton 680MkII / Grado F-1+ > NAD7155 to phono pre-amp > Amp etc)
    Family/kitchen SBT > Denon AVRX3000 zone 1 > Krix Acoustix F, Centrix C, Holographix R & Original Seismix 7 15" 400w RMS sub
    Alfresco as above zone 2 > Krix Tropix
    Others SB Player/androids > Bose Soundlink Mini
    SBT/SB Player Remotes Squeeze Ctrl/androids