Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by terryd View Post
    Sorry, I should have put a smiley face at the end of that sentence Gary.
    You had me worried for a minute.
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by terryd View Post
    Sorry, I should have put a smiley face at the end of that sentence Gary.
    Oh my gosh...levity in the audiophile forum. Shouldnĺt that be reported to a moderator?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJ View Post
    Oh my gosh...levity in the audiophile forum. Shouldnĺt that be reported to a moderator?

Aw come on guys, I did do it WITHOUT a smiley [ ] <- I can't tell you what I wanted to put in there.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJ View Post
    Oh my gosh...levity in the audiophile forum. Shouldn’t that be reported to a moderator?
    may even require a ban of the member!

(the problem is that I see so much amazingly funny stuff posted by people who are actually serious, that my "detector" is no longer working properly.)
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    may even require a ban of the member!

(the problem is that I see so much amazingly funny stuff posted by people who are actually serious, that my "detector" is no longer working properly.)
    Just to establish my credibility [ ] to all [ ]: I have two Squeezebox Booms, a Touch and a Transporter at home, plus a Squeezebox Boom in the office.

And no smileys.

As an update to my original question, the PURE DIRECT setting of the Yamaha amp appears to be the best for the output from the Transporter, and this is with the digital output from the Transporter, and as mentioned by Clive, I am leaving it at that.

Thanks again all - Terry