Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Squeezebox Classic Not Powering Up

My Squeezebox Class does not power up. However, when I look behind the device, I see:

1. An internal "red" light illuminating in the S/PDIF. This means power gets to the device.

2. When I take the Squeezebox to my bedroom hifi, the WIFI extender is picked up by the Squeezebox and the LOGITECH sign appears and works like normal.

Unfortunately, this is not I how I want the device to work. I want it to pick any of the WIFI connections in my wife, in particular for my main living room hifi.

Could someone help. I have uninstalled and installed the LMS a million times it does not work for my main stereo (nothing appears on the device screen).

Thanks a lot,

I'd be so rude to suggest your description is impossible and somewhat incoherent.
    The SB doesn't care about WiFi for powering up, you will get the large "splash screen" text no matter what.
    No reason whatsoever to mess with LMS, it's irrelevant for this.

Did you use the same power supply in both cases? It's not entirely uncommon for the power supply to fail in a manner that the SB doesn't boot while still having the S/PDIF lit.

The red S/PDIF light has been known to illuminate with faulty units or faulty PSU's.

Quote Originally Posted by tautatis View Post
    My Squeezebox Class does not power up. However, when I look behind the device, I see:

1. An internal "red" light illuminating in the S/PDIF. This means power gets to the device.

2. When I take the Squeezebox to my bedroom hifi, the WIFI extender is picked up by the Squeezebox and the LOGITECH sign appears and works like normal.

Unfortunately, this is not I how I want the device to work. I want it to pick any of the WIFI connections in my wife, in particular for my main living room hifi.

Could someone help. I have uninstalled and installed the LMS a million times it does not work for my main stereo (nothing appears on the device screen).

Thanks a lot,
    We will need more information to help you troubleshoot.

What EXACTLY do you mean by "does not power up"? If you remove and then replace the power (ie, unplug the power supply, and then re-plug), do you get any "splash screen"? If so, what happens?

Is (or was) the device configured for wired ethernet or wifi? Your statement about taking the device to bedroom hifi, and WIFI extender picked up by Squeezebox... is very confusing. Please clarify how the device is (or should be) connected to your network, and if this desired configuration has changed (eg, was connected wired, but now you want to connect via WiFi).
    [FIRST step is making sure device "seems" to power up correctly. Next step is making sure it can connect to your network. Next would be making sure it can connect to your LMS.]