Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

How to upgrade on Linux

Hello,
    stupid question but i didn't find the answer since the repository is not anymore available and before doing a mistake, i wanted to know how to upgrade my installation from 7.8 to 7.9.1, i've download the zip logitechmediaserver_7.9.1-1505480690_all.deb and push it to my linux server but now, what should i do?
    By the way, i'm doing this because my SBTouch is not anymore able to install EDO plugin, it says everytime (reinstall) but nothing happens, the kernel is not updating and the USB option not available.
    i was thinking that updating the server would also provide a new version of the player and then resolve my problem.

For what it is worth, what I do on my Ubuntu Server using the terminal (or rather, using putty from a Windows PC), is:

Code:
    sudo wget http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/7.8/sc/89c295b/logitechmediaserver_7.8.1~1406278657_all.deb
    sudo dpkg -i logitechmediaserver_7.8.1~1406278657_all.deb
    The first command downloads the deb package, the second command installs it.

I use a Windows PC together with the "putty" software to open a terminal window on the Ubuntu Server. I get the URL by finding the package I want to install (using my Windows browser), right click on it and select "Copy link address".

Whether of not it is the best method, it has worked for me.

(Of course that is an old example (for 7.8.1) - the URL and the filename would have to reflect the package you install.)
    Last edited by JohnB; 2017-09-27 at 15:55.
    Touch, Meridian G92, Bryston B4 SST2, PMC OB1i speakers, HP Proliant Microserver/Ubuntu, PC/Windows 7, iPad 4, iPeng, Squeezepad.

Quote Originally Posted by jayce996 View Post
    Hello,
    stupid question but i didn't find the answer since the repository is not anymore available and before doing a mistake, i wanted to know how to upgrade my installation from 7.8 to 7.9.1
    Hi,
    please remove the old repository from your sources and follow the step on the wiki

thank you very much, this worked like a charm