Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Logitech Transporter out of sync with EMM Labs DAC6e SE word clock

Good day ~

I recently purchased an EMM Labs DAC6e SE, and got it hooked up to my Logitech Transporter earlier today. It's outputting PCM data over AES/EBU and is slaved to the DAC6e's word clock via BNC. The DAC locks to the signal, reporting no errors on the front panel, but is putting out loads of crackling sounds along with the music. I can then go in and set the Transporter as master and the DAC6e to lock to the external clock, and the crackling is gone. One of the reasons I purchased the DAC6e was so that I could utilize its (I'll assume) superior word clock; and without it, I'm only adding jitter to the equation, thus - in my humble opinion - negating its use.

This occurs with AIFF, ALAC (and HRx WAV, although its 88.2 is extremely slow) - regular old 16/44.1 material (99.9% of my digital library is Redbook).

Anyhow, if you have any thoughts or suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks, as always, for your time.

~ Mark
    Last edited by ballywho; 2017-09-27 at 12:13.

Transporter word clock input issues

Iíve come to the conclusion that the Transporterís word clock input (and/or associated software) is simply not functioning correctly, and that thereís nothing wrong with the DAC6. Considering how much I really do love the Transporter, and was just curious about older DACs (even though I didnít quite take that exact route), the DAC6e SE is going back out on the market. That may sound hasty as all get-out, but I have no interest in combing the planet for a fix.