Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    That money would have gotten a rpi3b and saved all the heartache.

Give up on the Qnap and LMS, get a pi and point the LMS at the files on the Qnap.

Kushti
    yup I am right there with you. just purchased one. I guess I am afraid of it as I am not a Linux anything. the only experience I have with it is with installing LMS on my QNAP NAS. The other reason I didn't move forward with it is that I just didn't want another device... but oh well...
    LMS 7.9.1 on QNAP 219P+
    3 wired Touch End Points
    Jolida Tube DAC III
    Marantz 2270 to Boston Acoustics Slimlines
    Marantz 7010 to B&W CM10 S2

Quote Originally Posted by dhallag View Post
    yup I am right there with you. just purchased one. I guess I am afraid of it as I am not a Linux anything. the only experience I have with it is with installing LMS on my QNAP NAS. The other reason I didn't move forward with it is that I just didn't want another device... but oh well...
    You'll get any help you need on the pCP thread in the Unix/Linux forum here.
    FWIW, I recently set up a LMS with a Pi3 and pCP.
    The only snag I had was learning how to install a Linux ext3 partition on the USB drive that I have my music files on so that I could move the LMS Cache from the micro USB on the Pi to the USB stick on the Pi. (Since I'm on a Mac (that doesn't do ext3/4), I needed to learn myself some Linux
    Tony
     SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    You'll get any help you need on the pCP thread in the Unix/Linux forum here.
    FWIW, I recently set up a LMS with a Pi3 and pCP.
    The only snag I had was learning how to install a Linux ext3 partition on the USB drive that I have my music files on so that I could move the LMS Cache from the micro USB on the Pi to the USB stick on the Pi. (Since I'm on a Mac (that doesn't do ext3/4), I needed to learn myself some Linux
    Do you use MusicIP/SpiceFly as well?
    LMS 7.9.1 on QNAP 219P+
    3 wired Touch End Points
    Jolida Tube DAC III

ok so I actually got this fixed.

first I wanted to make sure there wasn't any dependency issues so in addition to the ones in the above link (make, openssl, and gcc), I also installed the following:

ipkg install coreutils binutils automake

once I did this, I got stuck with the compiler error and with much trial and error determined that for me it was my environment table that wasn't set up correctly. I did find documentation on how Optware install didn't do this correctly. so here are the steps I took to fix

cd \ (to get to the root directory)
    echo $PATH (displays the environment path)
    find -name "gcc" (displays the path of compiler gcc)
    find -name "make" (displays the path of command make)
    find -name "install" (displays the path of the command install)
    find -name 'ipkg" (displays the path of the command ipkg)
    PATH=(here, make sure you enter in all the directories that where shown when you displayed the current path and add the additional ones for make, gcc, install and ipkg. each directory is separated by a ":") for me this looked something like "PATH=/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/Optware/bin:/opt/bin:/opt/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin"

once I did this, everything worked correctly. thanks michael - you were part of the reason why I was able to get through it
    LMS 7.9.1 on QNAP 219P+
    3 wired Touch End Points
    Jolida Tube DAC III

Chapeau!

Name:  a chapeau .jpg
Views: 34
Size:  8.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by dhallag View Post
    Do you use MusicIP/SpiceFly as well?
    no