Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    My way would be

Tag Album Artist as Keith Jarrett;Jan Garbarek,
    Tag Artist as Keith Jarrett & Jan Garbarek

My example is always B.B. King & Eric Clapton, Riding with the King

You then get the album listed under both artists in "Artists" but the Now Playing Screen will show "Track by B.B. King & Eric Clapton"

Name:  2017-09-26 11_54_11-Logitech Media Server.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  65.5 KB
    Last edited by d6jg; 2017-09-26 at 04:06.
    Pi3 pCp/LMS storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Quote Originally Posted by DJanGo View Post
    you should use something like Jarrett;Garbarek...
    In the past I have always done that, i.e. used ";" without using any a space character before the second artist.

However, I have recently done a test which indicated that leading and trailing space characters are stripped from the individual artists before the data is written to the database. The same thing seems to occur with the genre tag when there are multiple genres separated by ";".

For test purposes I including a leaded and a trailing space in an artist tag on one album: "Osborne ; Volkov ; BBC SSO". All three of these 'contributors' occur in many other albums and tracks, without any leading or trailing space characters. After re-scanning and checking in the "contributors" table (in library.db) there were only single entries for "Osborne", "Volkov" and "BBC SSO", without any leading or trailing spaces.
    Touch, Meridian G92, Bryston B4 SST2, PMC OB1i speakers, HP Proliant Microserver/Ubuntu, PC/Windows 7, iPad 4, iPeng, Squeezepad.

If you're using flac you don't need any seperator like ; or ,. Just generate multiple ARTIST or ALBUMARTIST Tags in your tagging Software. If you're using Mp3Tag you could use \\ to get multiple Tags. I think this is the standard for flac. I don't know if It's working with mp3.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk
    Some of my spotify playlists: Joni Mitchell covered - Johnny Cash originals

Quote Originally Posted by quadronado View Post
    If you're using flac you don't need any seperator like ; or ,. Just generate multiple ARTIST or ALBUMARTIST Tags in your tagging Software. If you're using Mp3Tag you could use \\ to get multiple Tags. I think this is the standard for flac. I don't know if It's working with mp3.

Why is using \\ easier than using ; ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

; is just something you can define in LMS. Using multiple Tags is a standard for Flac and should work in any Software. Forget about the \\ if you're not using Mp3Tag. It's not a seperator like the ; that you have to define in LMS. \\ is a shortcut in Mp3Tag to produce multiple Tags.

Some of my spotify playlists: Joni Mitchell covered - Johnny Cash originals

Quote Originally Posted by quadronado View Post
    ; is just something you can define in LMS. Using multiple Tags is a standard for Flac and should work in any Software. Forget about the \\ if you're not using Mp3Tag. It's not a seperator like the ; that you have to define in LMS. \\ is a shortcut in Mp3Tag to produce multiple Tags.
    My ripping software is from 2009 and does not support multiple tags for the same attribute. I guess it's time to find a new software for my mac...? )

Quote Originally Posted by andifor View Post
    My ripping software is from 2009 and does not support multiple tags for the same attribute. I guess it's time to find a new software for my mac...? )
    Well, the first two rippers I tested do not support multiple tags for artists. At least not in any obvious way. Much appreciated, if somebody could point to a ripper for macOS with this feature. Thanks!

I tested: xld (xld-20170729) and fre:ac (freac-1.1-alpha-20170902-macosx, formerly known as boncenc)

You dont have to do it with the ripper , use a tag editor like mp3tag or puddletag to adjust the tags after the rip.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    You dont have to do it with the ripper , use a tag editor like mp3tag or puddletag to adjust the tags after the rip.
    It's easiest, if I do this with the ripper. Only one tool/UI and up to know, Max (on macOS) was perfect )

Your proposed editors mp3tag and puddletag have no native macOS support. Setting up Wine for mp3tag or compiling puddletag myself is probably not worth the effort. I keep on using LMS' ";" feature.

Thanks anyway! )

Quote Originally Posted by andifor View Post
    It's easiest, if I do this with the ripper. Only one tool/UI and up to know, Max (on macOS) was perfect )

Your proposed editors mp3tag and puddletag have no native macOS support. Setting up Wine for mp3tag or compiling puddletag myself is probably not worth the effort. I keep on using LMS' ";" feature.

Thanks anyway! )
    In Max simply try tagging the Artist name as Artist1;Artist2 - LMS should read this as multiple tags - assuming you have left ; as the separator and insert into the database accordingly. If you use other media players as well then they may misread but ....
    Pi3 pCp/LMS storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng