Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Tagging: one album, two individual artists

Hi,

I recently bought the CD "Sleeper" with Keith Jarrett, Jan Garbarek and others. After ripping the CD to FLAC, I now want to have this album listed with Keith Jarrett and all his other albums as well as with Jan Garbarek and his different albums.

a) What tags or server settings are needed to achieve this?
    b) If possible, I don't want the album listed in the "Various Artists" section, but that's not very important.

Thanks for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by andifor View Post
    Hi,

I recently bought the CD "Sleeper" with Keith Jarrett, Jan Garbarek and others. After ripping the CD to FLAC, I now want to have this album listed with Keith Jarrett and all his other albums as well as with Jan Garbarek and his different albums.

b) If possible, I don't want the album listed in the "Various Artists" section, but that's not very important.

Thanks for any help!
    I think making the track artist tag for each track

Keith Jarrett;Jan Garbarek

will do it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I think making the track artist tag for each track

Keith Jarrett;Jan Garbarek

will do it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Sorry to have in on someone else's thread but will the above trading work for mp3 on an ipod device? I'm testing it on LMS with FLAC now but I also convert my FLAC to mp3 to put on an ipod and I want the trading to work the same way.

Hi,

Thanks for any help!
    Tag Artist as Keith Jarrett;Jan Garbarek, leave Album Artist blank.

See example below with 2 albums by Chip Taylor & Carrie Rodriguez

Name:  pic26-09-2017-10.20.18.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  150.0 KB

Name:  pic26-09-2017-10.18.04.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  25.7 KB

Name:  pic26-09-2017-10.18.39.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  32.5 KB
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Raspberry Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - RPi 2/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - Radio
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3

Thanks, both of you. I'll try it right away. Up to now, I tried a comma "," only. Wasn't aware of the semicolon ";".

Edit: why can't I use the Album Artist for this? Is there a technical reason or is it just by design?

Thanks, both of you. I'll try it right away. Up to now, I tried a comma "," only. Wasn't aware of the semicolon ";".

Edit: why can't I use the Album Artist for this? Is there a technical reason or is it just by design?
    I don't see any need for an Album Artist tag in my use case, I don't use the Album Artist tag EVER.

YMMV.
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Raspberry Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - Radio
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    I don't see any need for an Album Artist tag in my use case, I don't use the Album Artist tag EVER.

YMMV.
    The only reason I see: in my ripping software, it's easier to provide one Album Artist then multiple Track Artists.

Took me longer than expected, setting the "Separator for Multiple Items in Tags" started a complete rescan of my library (as indicated). But the separation of the artists works perfect!

a) By setting the Album Artist to "Jarrett; Garbarek", I see my album in both artists individual collections.
    b) I don't see the album in the Various Artists collection. That's another win )

Thanks for the fast(!) help.

You can change this option here at LMS > Settings > My Music:

Name:  pic26-09-2017-10.58.14.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  68.8 KB
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - Radio
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    You can change this option here at LMS > Settings > My Music:

Pay Attention - if you listening to some good stuff like these guys..

semikolon works fine - never seen an Band/Artist with that char in the Name...

edit
    By setting the Album Artist to "Jarrett; Garbarek", I see my album in both artists individual collections.
    you should use something like Jarrett;Garbarek...

/edit
    Last edited by DJanGo; 2017-09-26 at 03:55.