Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FLAC fingerprinting in MusicIP Mixer windows 10 - how?

Have read a thread here where fingerprinting FLAC files on a NAS failed, but I got the impression that FLAC can be fingerprinted if on the same device, i.e. same computer as the software, but it doesn't work for me. Can it be done?

Regards, David
    Server pi3 pCP LMS
    Media ReadyNAS DuoV2
    Lounge/dining areas SBT > Denon AVR2113 > Bose Acoustimass10 / Krix Seismix3 18" 300w RMS custom cinema sub (& AR 77XB turntable, Stanton 680MkII / Grado F-1+ > NAD7155 to phono pre-amp > Amp etc)
    Family/kitchen SBT > Denon AVRX3000 zone 1 > Krix Acoustix F, Centrix C, Holographix R & Original Seismix 7 15" 400w RMS sub
    Alfresco as above zone 2 > Krix Tropix
    Others SB Player/androids > Bose Soundlink Mini
    SBT/SB Player Remotes Squeeze Ctrl/androids

David, I'm not quite sure what you are asking - do you want to MIP to fingerprint your music on Win 10 ?
    Then you want to move the tracks to a NAS ?

If that is what you want, then that is exactly what I do.
    MIP is installed on the Win 10 box, I make MIP analyze and archive the analysis in the tags, then the track is copied to the NAS (in my case a VortexBox) and the music is available to LMS for making MIP mixes.
    A camel is a racehorse designed by a committee.

Seen sprayed on the outside wall of the local library -
    Three things I hate in life :
    1. Vandalism
    2. Irony
    3. Lists

Quote Originally Posted by Wirrunna View Post
    David, I'm not quite sure what you are asking - do you want to MIP to fingerprint your music on Win 10 ?
    Then you want to move the tracks to a NAS ?

If that is what you want, then that is exactly what I do.
    MIP is installed on the Win 10 box, I make MIP analyze and archive the analysis in the tags, then the track is copied to the NAS (in my case a VortexBox) and the music is available to LMS for making MIP mixes.
    Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes, I want to analyze FLAC on the same windows 10 box as MIP is installed on, nut it always shows the FLAC files as analyzable. It is working fine with MP3s. Am I missing something?

Cheers, David
    Server pi3 pCP LMS
    Media ReadyNAS DuoV2
    Lounge/dining areas SBT > Denon AVR2113 > Bose Acoustimass10 / Krix Seismix3 18" 300w RMS custom cinema sub (& AR 77XB turntable, Stanton 680MkII / Grado F-1+ > NAD7155 to phono pre-amp > Amp etc)
    Family/kitchen SBT > Denon AVRX3000 zone 1 > Krix Acoustix F, Centrix C, Holographix R & Original Seismix 7 15" 400w RMS sub

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBulluss View Post
    Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes, I want to analyze FLAC on the same windows 10 box as MIP is installed on, nut it always shows the FLAC files as analyzable. It is working fine with MP3s. Am I missing something?

Cheers, David
    Have you got Archive analysis ticked -
    Attached Images Attached Images  

1. Vandalism
    2. Irony
    3. Lists

Have you got Archive analysis ticked -
    Yes, it has been ticked all along. Any other thoughts? Have also changed my general settings to match yours, but still not working.

Cheers, David
    Server pi3 pCP LMS
    Media ReadyNAS DuoV2

Are the .flac tracks in the same folder as the .mp3 ? If not, are they read only ? (they shouldn't be!) Do they have a - without a blank before and after? see attached jpg.
    Edit. What version of MIP ? I'm running 1.8.1b to be compatible with the Unix version on the Vortexbox.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Wirrunna; 2017-11-11 at 20:21.

1. Vandalism
    2. Irony
    3. Lists

Are the .flac tracks in the same folder as the .mp3 ? If not, are they read only ? (they shouldn't be!) Do they have a - without a blank before and after? see attached jpg.
    The FLAC files are in their own directory. The file titles are in the format track "number title.flac" e.g. 01 Lose Again.flac (space between track number and title). They are not write only, not ticked in the properties, plus I have previously changed permissions so that Everyone, and all other listed users, have full control.

Cheers, David
    Server pi3 pCP LMS
    Media ReadyNAS DuoV2

What resolution are the flac files ? MIP ceased development in late 2007 and will only process 16bit 44.1 flac files.
    Also, what version of MIP are you running ?

1. Vandalism
    2. Irony
    3. Lists

What resolution are the flac files ? MIP ceased development in late 2007 and will only process 16bit 44.1 flac files.
    Also, what version of MIP are you running ?
    MIP version 1.8.1b - Oct 8, 2007.
    You have solved the riddle for me! My library is across a network on a readynas, and knowing that the files need to be on the same windows box as MIP I had transferred over a folder of FLACs being only a test sample of one album. It just happens that the test sample album is 24/196. That is why it was failing. I have now transferred a 16/44.1 FLAC album onto the windows box and MIP works with it. At least part of my FLAC library can be analyzed, and I only have to move relatively few gigabytes back and forth!

Thanks for the info.

Cheers, David
    Server pi3 pCP LMS
    Media ReadyNAS DuoV2

David,
    There is a way to MIP tag 24/96 flac files,
    see https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...-Tags-for-flac

The steps would be use dbPoweramp (or Foobar) to convert to 16/44 flac,

MIP analyze and archive tags,

With the 16/44 files selected in MP3Tag, select File menu >> Export, where you can export tags to a text file.

Then, with the 24/96 flac files selected in MP3Tag, select Convert menu >> Text file - Tag, where you can import the tags exported to the text file.

I haven't tried it but a test on an album would be worth trying, after all it would be a once only exercise.

1. Vandalism
    2. Irony
    3. Lists