Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Registering / de-registering devices - Michael H please read.

Having a sort through storage, I found 2 brand new touch players (unopened) and a radio. I'd forgotten that I stocked up on players a few years back to make sure I had a lifetime supply! (I probably need not have bothered because the players seem to last forever (sill got a Slimp3 in the garage). Should I be powering these on and registering them / updating firmware? If MSB.com goes away, will I still be able to initialize them?

I also found a SB Classic (2) that a pal gave to me a while back when he moved over to Sonos. It seems to work ok, but is registered to his account which he has long since forgotten about. Is it possible to get the player de-registered? MAC is .. can PM
    Last edited by yeomanspc; 2017-09-25 at 16:09.

Quote Originally Posted by yeomanspc View Post
    Having a sort through storage, I found 2 brand new touch players (unopened) and a radio. I'd forgotten that I stocked up on players a few years back to make sure I had a lifetime supply! (I probably need not have bothered because the players seem to last forever (sill got a Slimp3 in the garage). Should I be powering these on and registering them / updating firmware? If MSB.com goes away, will I still be able to initialize them?

I also found a SB Classic (2) that a pal gave to me a while back when he moved over to Sonos. It seems to work ok, but is registered to his account which he has long since forgotten about. Is it possible to get the player de-registered? MAC is .
    Remove the MAC reference above - somebody can spoof it!
    Touch, Logitech Radio, Logitech UE Radio, O2 Joggler + SqpOS
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    Castbridge - Chromecast 1 + Chromecast Audio
    AirplayBridge - Loewe Airspeaker
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Registering / de-registering devices - Michael H pleaseread.

> them / updating firmware? If MSB.com goes away, will I still be able to
    > initialize them?

I think the topic has come up before. And the conclusion was yes, they
    should still work. Worst case you'd have to log in to them using ssh and
    edit some file.

> account which he has long since forgotten about. Is it possible to get
    > the player de-registered? MAC is 00

Done.

--

Michael