Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Touch does not respond to any remote

I've been using Squeeze since 2010 and have two Duets and a Boom. I'm generally familiar with the system.

I bought a Squeezebox Touch on ebay. It was as described "near mint" and appeared so. It worked immediately when I connected it to my Logitech Media Server.

However this Touch would not respond to the remote.

I tried the Squeezebox Boom remote and the Touch also failed to respond to it. The Touch would not respond to either remote despite multiple attempts.

My Squeezebox Boom responded perfectly to both this Touch remote and the Boom remote.

Therefore I'm sure the problem is with this Squeezebox Touch and not the remote.

I tried 'Restore Factory Settings' without any change.

For my other Squeeze units I use the Android app 'Squeeze Ctrl' on an old phone, so I could use this Touch without the Touch remote. However I worry that if this Touch doesn't respond to the remote that there may be other defects.

Before I ask for a partial refund, or return it for a full refund...

Any suggestions ?

Some information in this thread that may be relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by jouster View Post
    I've been using Squeeze since 2010 and have two Duets and a Boom. I'm generally familiar with the system.

I bought a Squeezebox Touch on ebay. It was as described "near mint" and appeared so. It worked immediately when I connected it to my Logitech Media Server.

However this Touch would not respond to the remote.

I tried the Squeezebox Boom remote and the Touch also failed to respond to it. The Touch would not respond to either remote despite multiple attempts.

My Squeezebox Boom responded perfectly to both this Touch remote and the Boom remote.

Therefore I'm sure the problem is with this Squeezebox Touch and not the remote.

I tried 'Restore Factory Settings' without any change.

For my other Squeeze units I use the Android app 'Squeeze Ctrl' on an old phone, so I could use this Touch without the Touch remote. However I worry that if this Touch doesn't respond to the remote that there may be other defects.

Before I ask for a partial refund, or return it for a full refund...

Any suggestions ?
    When I tried mine with a remote I found it could be quite picky about the direction the remote was pointing.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Some people with remote issues had to replace a part(s) inside and others have solved it by simply replacing the PSU.