Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Podcast Help

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    The podcast should have played OK on Radio with default LMS (i.e. no custom-convert.conf)
    You may be right about that, I don't think I tried the Radio previously. The Boom is what we always use for the podcasts.

Yeah I still use Softsqueeze when I'm sitting at the computer. I should try the newer players.

Thanks again.
    My Last.fm Page
    PGAScores & CollegeHockey (SuperDateTime Add-ons)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Meyer View Post
    You may be right about that, I don't think I tried the Radio previously. The Boom is what we always use for the podcasts.
    OK

Yeah I still use Softsqueeze when I'm sitting at the computer. I should try the newer players..
    Softsqueeze is nice with the minimal interface. Beside Squeezeplay (looks like a Touch) - the alternative would be squeezeliute (which is just a player no UI) and then use Browser for main UI and then undock the player panel to get a mini UI/

I'll hijack my own thread and ask another question.

My wife (she's the big podcast listener) is happy that she can listen to the podcasts again. She did notice however that she can no longer ff/rew or even pause the podcast without it just starting over. Is that a side effect of using ffmpeg or is that something to do with the changes they made to the podcast itself?

Just a curiosity. Thanks!
    My Last.fm Page
    PGAScores & CollegeHockey (SuperDateTime Add-ons)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Meyer View Post
    I'll hijack my own thread and ask another question.

My wife (she's the big podcast listener) is happy that she can listen to the podcasts again. She did notice however that she can no longer ff/rew or even pause the podcast without it just starting over. Is that a side effect of using ffmpeg or is that something to do with the changes they made to the podcast itself?

Just a curiosity. Thanks!
    The issue is more to do with MP4 than using ffmpeg.

The ffmpeg conf file is setup to jump to a start point if LMS tell it (i.e. T:{START=-ss %s} ) but for MP4 to be streamed they need to be set up special (IIRC include timing jump points) and not just as an MP4 file to be downloaded like most podcast. It would some test to check if the podcasts are setup as plain files or as files suitable for streaming.