Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Why don't you try 3.2 ? The download is still available.
    OK, I will try this afternoon....
    Max2Play, PiCoreplayer, 2 x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezebox Touch

spotty help

Long time SBT owner and Spotify user.Havent been able to get Spotty to work two days in a row. Win 7 ultimate 64 bit, All devices in house are hardwired (because of slow internet speed). Latest iteration is Spotty .exe is not working SBT says unable to connect to computer, computer says Spotty .exe is not working. Uninstalled Spotty and reinstalled. SBT says network health is fine. SBT working as Lastradio is fine. Thanks in advance for any help rendered,and please, not too technical on replies. Jim
    And a recuring window on the computer telling me that spotty.exe is not working, keeps comming back along with a command prompt screen
    Tried to get an answer on the SBT forum and no replies in two weeks. using v 1.94

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo2ko View Post
    Long time SBT owner and Spotify user.Havent been able to get Spotty to work two days in a row. Win 7 ultimate 64 bit, All devices in house are hardwired (because of slow internet speed). Latest iteration is Spotty .exe is not working SBT says unable to connect to computer, computer says Spotty .exe is not working. Uninstalled Spotty and reinstalled. SBT says network health is fine. SBT working as Lastradio is fine. Thanks in advance for any help rendered,and please, not too technical on replies. Jim
    And a recuring window on the computer telling me that spotty.exe is not working, keeps comming back along with a command prompt screen
    Tried to get an answer on the SBT forum and no replies in two weeks. using v 1.94
    Check that your Windows firewall is not blocking Spotty.exe
    Pi3 with piCoreplayer music on QNAP TS419p via NFS iThingys/iPeng/Tablets/Jogglers
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s
    Office - Pi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN 755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones

Firewall

Well Spotty is not on the list of allowed programs though logitech media server is there and it shows up on LMS settings. I had spotty working though every time I tried to use it I had to jump through hoops to get it to work, but I was always able to get it to work, till now.

This from server log

thread 'main' panicked at 'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: Error { repr: Os { code: 10060, message: "A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond." } }', src\libcore\result.rs:859
    note: Run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` for a backtrace.
    [17-10-11 10:12:18.9862] Plugins::Spotty::API::getToken (137) Failed to get Spotify access token
    [17-10-11 10:12:18.9869] Slim::Utils::Strings::string (488) Error: missing string PLUGIN_SPOTTY_ERROR_1
    [17-10-11 10:12:18.9874] Slim::Utils::Strings::string (488) Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim::Utils::Log::logBacktrace (/<C:\PROGRA~2\SQUEEZ~1\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>Slim/Utils/Strings.pm line 488)
    frame 1: Slim::Utils::Strings::string (C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/API.pm line 1176)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo2ko View Post
    thread 'main' panicked at 'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: Error { repr: Os { code: 10060, message: "A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond." } }', src\libcore\result.rs:859
    note: Run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` for a backtrace.
    [17-10-11 10:12:18.9862] Plugins::Spotty::API::getToken (137) Failed to get Spotify access token
    [17-10-11 10:12:18.9869] Slim::Utils::Strings::string (488) Error: missing string PLUGIN_SPOTTY_ERROR_1
    [17-10-11 10:12:18.9874] Slim::Utils::Strings::string (488) Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim::Utils::Log::logBacktrace (/<C:\PROGRA~2\SQUEEZ~1\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>Slim/Utils/Strings.pm line 488)
    frame 1: Slim::Utils::Strings::string (C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/API.pm line 1176)
    Seems familiar. Jumped from WHS 2011 to piCoreplayer on a spare Raspberry Pi. Spotty works but LMS on WHS 2011 responds quicker though.
    LMS (latest nightly) on Windows Home Server 2011 & Raspberry PiCoreplayer
    Squeexebox Touch
    Squeezebox Boom
    Squeezebox Radio (3)
    Squeezebox Classic
    Picoreplayer's & Squeezelite on WHS 2011

Frustrated

If I cant get this solved soon, I am going to Tidal

newbie questions, sorry

hello, thanks for the work.
    what squeezeserver version is needed to have spotty work ? (I get: Spotty requires the Perl module IO::Socket::SSL. You can NOT use Spotty without this module. Please use your operating system's package manager to install it.)
    I tried to find some tutos to upgrade to 7.9.1, but not sure it'll work for TS-121 (any step-by-step tuto you would recommend ?)
    thanks for your help

here is what I have:
    System
    Hard-/Firmware : QNAP TurboStation TS-121 / 4.3.3 build 20170901
    Load / Uptime : 3.13 3.53 3.49 / 0d 05.05:38 (30% idle)
    Unknown HZ value! (66) Assume 100.
    Memory -- Swap : 933/1011 MB (shr: 0, buf: 5, cache: 600, rss: 329) -- 8/518 MB
    SqueezeboxServer
    Version : 7.7.2-33893
    Process status : PID 4695, state D (disk sleep)
    Memory usage : 115 MB total, 92 MB (80%) RSS
    Uptime : 47:26, 06:56 (14.6%) CPU time
    Database size : 47M and 11M persistent and 14G artwork
    SSOTS/SBS flags: autostart noupnp port9001 en_GB.UTF-8
    SC custom files: ssods.conf
    3 SqueezeRadios 1 SB3 1 Touch 1 Duet on QNAP TS-121 with Freebox router

Quote Originally Posted by vilus View Post
    hello, thanks for the work.
    what squeezeserver version is needed to have spotty work ? (I get: Spotty requires the Perl module IO::Socket::SSL. You can NOT use Spotty without this module. Please use your operating system's package manager to install it.)
    I tried to find some tutos to upgrade to 7.9.1, but not sure it'll work for TS-121 (any step-by-step tuto you would recommend ?)
    thanks for your help
    You'll find some answers and pointers in the first post of this thread.
    In short, the LMS version has some limitations but it shouldn't prevent spotty from running, no rush in installing 7.9.1. The CPU of that NAS could be a problem, but start by installing the required Perl module and take it from there.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alfista View Post
    You'll find some answers and pointers in the first post of this thread.
    In short, the LMS version has some limitations but it shouldn't prevent spotty from running, no rush in installing 7.9.1. The CPU of that NAS could be a problem, but start by installing the required Perl module and take it from there.
    I know what I'll do this week-end
    thanks
    3 SqueezeRadios 1 SB3 1 Touch 1 Duet on QNAP TS-121 with Freebox router