Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344
    Quote Originally Posted by TonioRoffo View Post
    Is rolling back a plug-in possible?
    No Rolling back, letĺs move forward...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    NAS: QNAP TS-459U+ QTS 4.2.6 (4x 2TB, RAID5)
    Services: LMS 7.9.1 , SSOTS 4.14
    Squeezebox: 6x Reciever, 3x Boom, 2x SB3 Classic
    Other: iPeng on iPad and iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by jasell View Post
    weekend is here, playtime again... ;-)

@mherger Just to set the context for my trial: my mission is to use Spotify Connect with my squeezeboxes

I did some more experimenting to see how /tmp is affected, when the /tmp folder fills up on my Qnap-NAS spotty stop playing until its cleared
    I can't figure out why there is a limit to /tmp since I have a large file system, on the other hand I know just the bare minimum of linux, or less.

I play on my Squeezebox Classic or Squeezebox Receiver.

"Spotty-app"
    --------------
    When I use the Spotty in LMS, either from the web-GUI or iPeng app Spotty behaves as a beauty!
    When skipping or before the end of a song (or actually before next songs is starting) a new (1 and only 1) .tmp???? file appear in /tmp, the file is there for a few seconds and disappears.
    This file seems to me to be the raw-file from Spotify since it's not affect in size depending on what transcoding I use.

"Connect"
    -----------
    When I use the Spotify app for Windows, iPhone or iPad and play songs/playlists/"radio station" and direct the stream to my Devices being my Receiver or Classic I experience problem as reported before.
    From 1.9.7 starting to play a song mostly add a delay, often followed by skipping one or two songs. My Classic responds by showing Screensaver during these delays, as if the player was stopped/turned off.
    The Spotify apps (no matter platform) starts to flicker when doing a skip or jumping to the next song in playlist. Without knowing better I would guess there is some sort of interference/confusion between LMS-Spotty and Spotify app.
    Sometimes
    In 1.9.6 I didn't experience this, then Connect played solid until stopping as a cause of full /tmp

When monitoring /tmp folder I see several .tmp???? files of the exact same size, there can be 1 or even up to 10, some of these are disappearing after a few seconds, sometimes its hard see since some files disappears while other are appearing for the first time.
    My impression is that this weekend Spotty is more successful to clean out those files than last weekend.
    In 1.9.6 I always saw 2 identical sized .tmp???? files for every song that was about to play. But only one of the files was removed, leading to that my /tmp was filed up after 20-30 songs resulting in Spotty to stop.

I made a few changes in my setup since last weekend:
    -I have updated to the latest nightly (from one in October)
    -I was now successful in getting spotty to use the 64-bit version using the the -custom suffix (last weekend spotty wouldn't use those).
    ...I don't believe any of these changes can be accountable for the different behavior though.

I just wanted to share my findings if that can help in the development...
    Wow, I got more time to spend...

Today when I should pickup playing from Spotify-app using "Connect" I couldn't find my office-squeezebox.

I checked in the Player Settings and to my surprise the Spotify Connect was unchecked. So I checked it.
    - The player appeared immediately in Spotify-app.
    - I started to play a new song from the Spotify-app (windows), song starts to play within a second!
    - I changed to another songs, it takes effect with less than a second, amazing!
    - I skip songs in playlists an I get a rock-solid user experience! this was what I had in 1.9.6, but now I run 1.9.7

I have no issues with random start/stop or that spotty skip tracks by itself.

When I monitor my /tmp folder I see 2 files .tmp???? files for every new song that is about to be played. These files disappears as the song starts to play.
    Nothing seems to be left behind any more...

The only changes from yesterday is that I had to reconnect my player in Player settings, can this have been the "evil" to my issues reported in my previous post?
    -i.e. on Spotty upgrade all players should be disconnected, LMS restart, Reconnect players to Spotify.

Many thanks for your efforts Michael, please let me know if there is something I can do to help test...

PS. I have been playing for hours now without any issues and my /tmp is clean.

PPS. when I change player (Device) from Spotify-App (windows or iPhone) I get leftover .tmp????? files
    Also when I change player, the old player continues to play but is stuck on the same song...
    Last edited by jasell; Today at 09:20.
    NAS: QNAP TS-459U+ QTS 4.2.6 (4x 2TB, RAID5)
    Services: LMS 7.9.1 , SSOTS 4.14
    Squeezebox: 6x Reciever, 3x Boom, 2x SB3 Classic
    Other: iPeng on iPad and iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by TonioRoffo View Post
    Been testing the "skipping issue" where Spotify skips a track and indicates it stops playing.

So far it seems the issue only happens on Linux squeezelite clients. Tried v1.8.2 and latest git build. (Ubuntu 16.04 lts) Starts after turning off and on the player. Also same issue on the latest picoreplayer.

Tried squeezelite on windows (old 0.9 beta still in my downloads) and it works as it should. Tried squeezeplay on Android, no issue.

I'd like to try with older Linux builds but didn't get there yet.

I'll also boot up my old squeezebox classic to see what happens there.
    This is the issue that I am having. I have a Squeezelite player on my Pi, and two UE Smart Radios reverted to SB firmware. I'll see if I can create a different type of player on the Pi to test.

404 error

Hi,

I'm usually running LMS on my Windows system, but to give a try to spotty with connect, i did install LMS on my rasp pi 2 under debian 9.
    LMS is accessible from web, and i did install the spotty plugin (1.9.7) but whenever i click on the parameters link it says :
    404 Not Found: plugins/Extensions/settings/plugins/Spotty/settings/basic.html

Does anyone encounter this issue ?
    Do you know how to resolve that ?

Thanks

Have you restarted LMS after installing Spotty?
    If so, did you wait long enough after the installation before you restarted it, to complete the download?

LMS did restart correctly and i did wait long enough ...

Did a search on my windows system for this basic.html file and did the same on the rasp, the file is there
    /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/HTML/EN/plugins/Spotty/settings/basic.html

looks like rights issue, but don't have a clue to solve it

forget it

perl IO::Socket::SLL was missing

installed, solved