Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 76 of 77 FirstFirst ... 266674757677 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    >

Is the 7.9 beta not available for this device?

--

Michael
    I am not sure what version to use I tried 2 different ones and LMS would not let me.

Perl Missing

I know get this Spotty requires the Perl module IO::Socket::SSL. You can NOT use Spotty without this module. Please use your operating system's package manager to install it.

QUOTE=mherger;904029]> Ive just installed this plugin on LMS running on a Raspberry Pi, LMC
    > 7.9.0 - 1488878280 , and plugin V1.99.5, but when I try to enter
    > settings I get this :404 Not Found:
    > plugins/Extensions/settings/plugins/Spotty/settings/basic.html
    > I'm assuming this is answered elsewhere mbut Ive looked and failed.

Just head over Settings/Advanced/Spotty.

Would this happen with other Settings links in the Plugins page, too?

--

Michael[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by ianf View Post
    i know get this spotty requires the perl module io::socket::ssl. You can not use spotty without this module. Please use your operating system's package manager to install it.

All ok, just need to to install perl io after an apt-get update, much appreciated for a great plugin !!
    Quote=mherger;904029]> ive just installed this plugin on lms running on a raspberry pi, lmc
    > 7.9.0 - 1488878280 , and plugin v1.99.5, but when i try to enter
    > settings i get this :404 not found:
    > plugins/extensions/settings/plugins/spotty/settings/basic.html
    > i'm assuming this is answered elsewhere mbut ive looked and failed.

just head over settings/advanced/spotty.

Would this happen with other settings links in the plugins page, too?

--

michael
    [/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Hughby View Post
    Long time Spotty user [and donator ] here - just started using the Spotify Connect interface rather than the LMS Web interface.

Like user cramcram (posts #579, #586 and #599) I am also seeing the track display on my Boom not updating correctly as a playlist advances from one track to the next. Some observations...

1) The music is always right and consistent with the Spotify interface (that's the important bit!).
    2) The problem is inconsistent.
    3) It only seems to occur when Spotty automatically advances to the the next track in a playlist (see 5 and 6). The first track of a playlist is always shown correctly.
    4) If the track display on the Boom is wrong then the track display in the LMS Web client also is wrong.
    5) Selecting 'Next Track' in Spotify always updates the Boom track display correctly.
    6) Moving the 'track position slider' in Spotify always updates the Boom track display correctly.
    7) Often after playing around with 5 & 6 it will 'magically' start working when Spotty next automatically advances (and keep working)
    8) After some 'down time' (which may or may not involve shutting down the Boom and/or LMS) the problem returns.
    9) Unlike cramcram I don't use player sync much and it was not involved in any of these observations.

I'm running LMS 7.9.1 on a Pi3 (piCoreplayer 3.22).

Not expecting any miracles! Like most others here I'm massively grateful for all your work in keeping all this stuff going...
    Just to confirm that I'm still experiencing the same problem with max2play. Title information is also incorrect in the LMS Web UI. Unsyncing didn't help this time - so my 9) observations is probably wrong. As the issue occurs also in the LMS Web UI it's most probably not a problem with the Music Information Screen plugin.
    Last edited by cramcram; 2018-01-13 at 04:03.

Quote Originally Posted by cramcram View Post
    Just to confirm that I'm still experiencing the same problem with max2play. Title information is also incorrect in the LMS Web UI. Unsyncing didn't help this time - so my 9) observations is probably wrong. As the issue occurs also in the LMS Web UI it's most probably not a problem with the Music Information Screen plugin.
    Does the information update eventually? I have seen a delay before the information updates.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

This is strange. I just transferred playback from my White Radio to my Black Radio in the Android Spotify app devices available screen. The transfer worked but the Spotify app devices available screen shows "listening on this phone" but in the notification area it shows "listening on Black Radio".

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    This is strange. I just transferred playback from my White Radio to my Black Radio in the Android Spotify app devices available screen. The transfer worked but the Spotify app devices available screen shows "listening on this phone" but in the notification area it shows "listening on Black Radio".

It also did not play the next song in the playlist but repeated the playing song and generally got a little confused after that when trying to connect to other players.

Synology LMS 7.9

Quote Originally Posted by BillatLakeGeorge View Post
    I am not sure what version to use I tried 2 different ones and LMS would not let me.
    As you are using Synology DS: Here is how you can install 7.9 instead of the older versions Synology ships by default.
    • Navigate to Package Center
    • Choose Settings, Beta, Yes I want to see beta versions
    • Then Packet Center should offer you an upgrade to LMS 7.9

Don't forget to switch your Squeezeboxes off and on again after the upgrade.

Tom
    Last edited by loopguru; 2018-01-13 at 08:52.

Quote Originally Posted by loopguru View Post
    As you are using Synology DS: Here is how you can install 7.9 instead of the older versions Synology ships by default.
    • Navigate to Package Center
    • Choose Settings, Beta, Yes I want to see beta versions
    • Then Packet Center should offer you an upgrade to LMS 7.9

Don't forget to switch your Squeezeboxes off and on again after the upgrade.

Tom
    Tom, Thanks so much

Great job, thanks !

Hi Michael, many thanks for this great plugin which works perfectly for me and my family. I use 5 DIY squezebox (Raspberry with Squeezelite on linux debian) and can stream 5 different Spotify songs in parallel (with Spotify Family account). Great job, thanks !