Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
    Updated to the latest version of spotty... No files present in /tmp, only 5 folders (raspberry pi).

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > The issue where a track will play for around 10 seconds and then skip to
    > the next track still occurs for no obvious reason when using Connect.

This issue won't be resolved without me doing a lot more work. Trust me
    when I say that I'll tell you when I'm there :-). Until then don't
    expect anything to improve magically.

BTW: could you check your temporary folder (/tmp for Linux systems)
    whether you'd have tons of .tmp* files there, too?

--

Michael
    I checked the other day when it was brought up and yes I had over 200MB. It is now down to 46MB with five .tmpxxxx files.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

[Announce] Spotty v1.9.0 - now withexperimental Spotify Connect support!

> Okay, in File types the Spotty entry says:
    >
    > Does that seem right?

Yes, that's fine. Now you could try to disable all but one, seeing
    whether one of them would work.

--

Michael

I had connect enabled for all my players. It sometimes resulted in strange behaviour. Disabled all but one player and checked if crossfade is off. Connect is working much better now if not perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what you did in 1.9.6 but this version works much better for me!
    -Less delay when start playing the first song
    -Skipping a track is immediate (1 sec delay)

I have spotty-custom and pv-custom, both copied from original files in the same directory (Spotty-x86_64 and PV-x86_64)
    Folder: /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/i386-linux/

I had some *.tmp???? files, I manually cleared those and now I don't get any new.
    Edit: After listening for a longer period I start to get *.tmp???? files, not related to skipping though...
    Edit: These files appear when I do a Device-switch to a Squeeze player

What is the "best" transcode option to use when on a low powered NAS?
    -Flac, PCM or MP3?
    All 3 works for me.

Edit: I can also switch between different connect-players and move my Spotify-radio-list with me
    Edit: ...but the player i leave continues to play the the song and the playlist continues on the new device. I would expect the player I'm leaving to Power off or at least stop.

Many thanks for your efforts, much appreciated!!
    Last edited by jasell; 2017-11-11 at 05:35.
    NAS: QNAP TS-459U+ QTS 4.2.6 (4x 2TB, RAID5)
    Services: LMS 7.9.1 , SSOTS 4.14
    Squeezebox: 6x Reciever, 3x Boom, 2x SB3 Classic
    Other: iPeng on iPad and iPhone

After playing Spotify all day and moving around my house and bringing my Spotify session around by switching player for from the Spotify app on my phone or computer Spotty eventually failed and stopped playing.

I could not start to play any Spotify content, neither from the Spotify app (connect) or from iPeng (playlists).

This is the log-file file
    Code:
    0088: note: Run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` for a backtrace.
    0087: thread 'main' panicked at 'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: Error { repr: Os { code: 28, message: "No space left on device" } }', /checkout/src/libcore/result.rs:859
    0086: note: Run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` for a backtrace.
    0085: thread 'main' panicked at 'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: Error { repr: Os { code: 28, message: "No space left on device" } }', /checkout/src/libcore/result.rs:859
    0084: note: Run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` for a backtrace.
    0083: thread 'main' panicked at 'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: Error { repr: Os { code: 28, message: "No space left on device" } }', /checkout/src/libcore/result.rs:859
    0082: note: Run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` for a backtrace.
    0081: thread 'main' panicked at 'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: Error { repr: Os { code: 28, message: "No space left on device" } }', /checkout/src/libcore/result.rs:859
    0080: note: Run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` for a backtrace.
    0079: thread 'main' panicked at 'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: Error { repr: Os { code: 28, message: "No space left on device" } }', /checkout/src/libcore/result.rs:859
    0078: note: Run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` for a backtrace.
    0077: thread 'main' panicked at 'attempt to calculate the remainder with a divisor of zero', /home/mh/spotty/target/x86_64-unknown-linux-musl/release/build/librespot-f61573c9445e177b/out/lib.rs:842
    0076: note: Run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` for a backtrace.
    0075: thread 'main' panicked at 'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: Error { repr: Os { code: 28, message: "No space left on device" } }', /checkout/src/libcore/result.rs:859
    0074: note: Run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` for a backtrace.
    0073: thread 'main' panicked at 'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: Error { repr: Os { code: 28, message: "No space left on device" } }', /checkout/src/libcore/result.rs:859
    0072: note: Run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` for a backtrace.
    0071: thread 'main' panicked at 'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: Error { repr: Custom(Custom { kind: UnexpectedEof, error: StringError("early eof") }) }', /checkout/src/libcore/result.rs:859
    0070: note: Run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` for a backtrace.
    0069: thread 'main' panicked at 'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: Error { repr: Custom(Custom { kind: UnexpectedEof, error: StringError("early eof") }) }', /checkout/src/libcore/result.rs:859
    0068: note: Run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` for a backtrace.
    0067: thread 'main' panicked at 'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: Error { repr: Os { code: 28, message: "No space left on device" } }', /checkout/src/libcore/result.rs:859
    In my /tmp folder I now had several (30+) .tmp???? files with file size from 8-17 MB each.
    ( These temp files seems to have roughly the same file size as a song, could that be the songs in raw-format?)

When I deleted these files I could successfully start playing again without restarting my NAS or LMS.

When I monitor my /tmp folder I notice that when I start playing a new track I see 2 new .tmp???? files with identical size.
    After a few seconds the first disappear and after a few more seconds the second file disappears.
    The file sizes are the same independent of what transcoding I use (flac/mp3/pcm) but vary in size depending of what song I play.

Just playing a playlist and monitoring /tmp show that at the end of the song, ~5 sec left, 2 .tmp???? files appears in the same pattern as above.

I guess when switching player or skipping in playlist one of these files gets left behind...
    Last edited by jasell; 2017-11-11 at 09:27.
    NAS: QNAP TS-459U+ QTS 4.2.6 (4x 2TB, RAID5)
    Services: LMS 7.9.1 , SSOTS 4.14
    Squeezebox: 6x Reciever, 3x Boom, 2x SB3 Classic
    Other: iPeng on iPad and iPhone

Empty Menu, no access token, can't add account

Hi,

I had spotty successfully running, but for some reason, it needed to be authenticated again. I authenticated automatically (which went fine) but it was with a different account than i meant to authenticate with (another account on the same spotify family account).

I tried to remove the account, but now i'm unable to add a new account or see the current one.

Have increased the log level to 'info' and have got the following. Any ideas if I can 'reset' the plugin back to a clean install? I've tried removing it and reinstalling via the plugins menu, but that didn't seem to work

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Ewan

Code:
    borted
    [17-11-11 20:18:30.2659] Plugins::Spotty::API::getToken (137) Failed to get Spotify access token
    [17-11-11 20:20:35.0992] Plugins::Spotty::SettingsAuth::handler (63) Trying to authenticate using: /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/i386-linux/spotty -c "/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/spotty/__AUTHENTICATE__" -n "Spotify Authorization (bearhunt)" -u "etopping" -p "********" -a --disable-discovery
    [17-11-11 20:20:36.9871] Plugins::Spotty::SettingsAuth::shutdownHelper (162) Quitting authentication daemon
    [17-11-11 20:20:37.0113] Plugins::Spotty::API::getToken (116) Got response: thread 'main' panicked at 'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: ErrorImpl { code: InvalidNumber, line: 1, column: 2 }', /checkout/src/libcore/result.rs:859
    note: Run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` for a backtrace.
    Aborted
    [17-11-11 20:20:37.0126] Plugins::Spotty::API::getToken (120) Failed to get Spotify access token: 'true' expected, at character offset 0 (before "thread 'main' panick...") at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/API.pm line 117.

thread 'main' panicked at 'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: ErrorImpl { code: InvalidNumber, line: 1, column: 2 }', /checkout/src/libcore/result.rs:859
    note: Run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` for a backtrace.
    Aborted
    [17-11-11 20:20:37.0135] Plugins::Spotty::API::getToken (137) Failed to get Spotify access token
    [17-11-11 20:20:37.0773] Plugins::Spotty::SettingsAuth::startHelper (134) Starting authentication deamon: /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/i386-linux/spotty -c "/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/spotty/__AUTHENTICATE__" -n "Spotify Authorization (bearhunt)" -a

Quote Originally Posted by topewan View Post
    I had spotty successfully running, but for some reason, it needed to be authenticated again. I authenticated automatically (which went fine) but it was with a different account than i meant to authenticate with (another account on the same spotify family account).

I tried to remove the account, but now i'm unable to add a new account or see the current one.
    Have you tried both, using a Spotify application and entering username/password?
    Michael

http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins - Spotty, MusicArtistInfo

[Announce] Spotty v1.9.0 - now withexperimental Spotify Connect support!

> In my /tmp folder I now had several (30+) .tmp???? files with file size
    > from 8-17 MB each.

You didn't check there age by chance? Part of the latest update was
    deleting such files to not flood /tmp. But it would only delete files of
    a certain age. If you skipped a lot, there might be more.

I'll need to tweak that cache file handling. I'm surprised I didn't
    notice any of this file creating earlier...

> When I monitor my /tmp folder I notice that when I start playing a new
    > track I see 2 new .tmp???? files with identical size.
    > After a few seconds the first disappear and after a few more seconds the
    > second file disappears.

I think that's expected behaviour. But sometimes, eg. if you skip to
    another track, the file would not be deleted.

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Have you tried both, using a Spotify application and entering username/password?
    Yes, if I enter the previously authenticated account username and password, it looks like it logs in (i go to the next screen) but all of the menus in spotify are blank.
    If I try and enter the other username and password, it just stays on the same screen and doesn't connect to that account at all.

Really odd, as I said it was working perfectly, so i'm happy to remove all trace of spotty and reinstall if that might help?

Thanks