Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

FS : Logitech Transporter

Reluctantly selling my Transporter as surplus to requirements.

All black. Not SE so has the knob on front. Full working order. Cosmetically excellent with a couple of very small scratches on the rear of the top panel where my AV processor was sitting on it.

ú425 + postage
    Last edited by badboygolf16v; 2017-09-20 at 01:16.

Logitech Transporter with Trans-Nav Knob

Hi!

I'm fully stocked with a Logitech Trans-Nav + an original Slim Devices one which I bought s/hand in 2009 (when it was probably already 4 years old - I've used it practically every day since & the sound quality is indistinguishable from the 2 unused SE's which I imported this year from the US early this year, & the all-black "Trans Nav" for which I paid ú450 earlier this year on eBay, so I think you should achieve your asking price.

Whether you actually use the magic knob or not, it does look a hell of a lot better than the cheap plastic blanking plate Logitech put on the SE'S (I'm pretty sure that was after Sean Adams had parted company with them, lol).

It might help your sale if you let the folks know whether it's all black, silver with black buttons, or all-silver...

Hope you get a result!

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Earring View Post
    (I'm pretty sure that was after Sean Adams had parted company with them, lol).
    Many years after Sean left.
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Earring View Post
    Dave
    Thanks for the advice Dave.

Colour-blindness!

Quote Originally Posted by badboygolf16v View Post
    Thanks for the advice Dave.
    Hi!

I'm going to blame my excellence at producing Bombay Sapphire G&T's for missing your initial clue about the original Henry Ford colour scheme, lol. It appears that I too have a production line in operation...

Don't think you'll have too much trouble shifting it - obviously there was a bidder on eBay who chased me up to ú450 earlier this year, & apart from a seller in the US who last time I checked was trying to knock out an unused Trans-Nav model for $999, which works out quite pricey if you've got to ship it to Europe & pay import duty + VAT (or equivalent) they're as rare as hen's teeth, so eBay is worth a shot (with a sensible reserve, of course) if you don't get any takers here.

How far are you prepared to ship it?

Dave

Speaking of "cheap plastic blanking plate", my plate looks like it COULD have a protective label on it, sort of like the display did, before I peeled it off.

Anyway, maybe it's just the way the cheap finish on the plate looks, but if anyone can tell me if theirs has (or had) one on it then I'll try and peel mine off.

Aesthetics

Quote Originally Posted by Fizbin View Post
    Speaking of "cheap plastic blanking plate", my plate looks like it COULD have a protective label on it, sort of like the display did, before I peeled it off.

Anyway, maybe it's just the way the cheap finish on the plate looks, but if anyone can tell me if theirs has (or had) one on it then I'll try and peel mine off.
    Hi Fizbin!

Although both my transporters do have the beloved knob, I prefer not to have visible distractions when I'm listening to music (I have on occasion stuck insulating tape over any led power lights, etc which I can't turn off, so that I can listen in the dark without ANY intrusion from my equipment at all, lol - this is probably just a tad OCD & I do need a flashlight to hand to avoid treading on my 18 year old black cat who still can't understand why I can't see in the dark like she can... ).

Anyway, the point is that I have my Transporter in a glass fronted cabinet with the front panel set to totally blank out 30 seconds after using the remote control to adjust or select something & then a couple of cheap s/hand Touches to the side of my listening seat, but out of my eye-line so that I have to turn my head to look at them. They're synced to my Transporter (although not connected to anything) on a Wi-Fi link: one is set to display the album art & the other the current track information. With this arrangement, you can't actually see if the Transporter has a Trans-Nav knob or not!

Dave

Now sold.

That didn't take long!

Quote Originally Posted by badboygolf16v View Post
    Now sold.
    Nice work - you knocked it out in less than a week - & avoided eBay's extortionate commission!

Dave

Transporter for sale

I have a used Transporter(with knob) in black color(silver handles) for sale in Italia at correct price. If you're interested just let me know.

grazie - david