Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by yobyot View Post
    Is this the discounted price in the US app store?
    No, that's the original price.
    The App store has created a bit of a mess with all of this, sorry for that but we can't really influence how Apple's system works.
    The discounted price should now be back up.

What happened is that we originally had a price change back to the original price scheduled for yesterday.
    We changed that to stay with the discounted price ($6.99) on Friday but obviously, while the store wasn't showing the price change in the control interface it was still left somewhere in their system and it took me a while to find out how to change it back and then a few hours until it rolls out on the App Store again.

It should be sorted by now.

Of course, you can charge whatever you like. But one reason you may be seeing low uptake is that USD $9 (or even USD $6) for a remote control app is expensive, especially for a "dead" music system.
    Well, the dead music system is still something is still something people paid hundreds to thousands of dollars for and to pay 9$ for a App you are probably going to use every day on your $1.000 iPhone IMHO isn't too much.
    Especially since it's a low volume system I can't justify to work on it and invest money into it and then to sell it for peanuts.
    And the price has to cover updates as well since there is no update pricing on the App Store. And also customer service. I generally help iPeng users, even though 99% of the issues they come with are that their iPhone is not on WiFi or that LMS is not working correctly for some reason and that's all not App related but I would not feel good to help someone for an hour who just paid $1 for the App. Actually I prefer to have, say, a thousand users who paid 9$ and whom I can support well than 9.000 who paid $1 whom i can not.

If you feel it's too expensive you can use the web interface. I've mostly kept pricing consistent over the last 9 years and I don't think it was the wrong decision, in the end, you always get what you pay for.

All of that said, uptake hasn't been particularly slow for iPeng, it's iOS 11 rollout that's going slower than the years before meaning many people are still updating their iPhones and iPads meaning it's only now that they run into the situation that their old App doesn't work anymore, I want to keep the discount open a little longer to give them a chance to get iPeng at a discount.
    Last edited by pippin; 2017-10-02 at 00:38.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Quote Originally Posted by AangoTango View Post
    Am I missing something? Is there a solution? I tried uninstalling iPeng 9 from my phone and the re-downloading and re-installing, but still nothing.
    Please send me a diagnostics mail from within iPeng, just tap the mail link under "Help" and briefly describe this issue.
    I understand you can still control the player using the web interface?
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

Many other apps may stop function with ios11 so some wait for other app developers to catch up (non squeezebox apps nb ).

I think i wait a cuople of updates this time . No need for the discount for me as it is peanuts compared to 5000 albums of music anf my high end high end hifi rig....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    Many other apps may stop function with ios11 so some wait for other app developers to catch up (non squeezebox apps nb ).
    Yes, I suspect that's the reason behind the slow uptake.
    I, too, have a couple of apps I'd really miss and I would not have updated didn't I have other devices staying on older OS versions.
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by yobyot View Post

Of course, you can charge whatever you like. But one reason you may be seeing low uptake is that USD $9 (or even USD $6) for a remote control app is expensive, especially for a "dead" music system.
    I think it's the "undead" music system - it will be hard to kill...

9.00 for an app is too much for you? Unless you're opening cans of cat food for dinner I bet you spend more than that on your daily coffee/tea/beer or other stuff you could skip for a day.

Truly the best 9 bucks I've ever spent on software - except maybe getting LMS for FREE!

Jim
    All wireless (TM-AC1900) except NAS (ReadyNAS PRO - OS 6.9.1 - 3GB RAM - 3 X 4TB drives - XRAID2 - LMS 7.9.1 )
    Squeezebox Boom - Anywhere with an AC outlet
    Squeezebox Touch > Bose Radio - Kitchen
    Squeezebox Touch > Hafler 100 preamp > Hafler DH-220 amp > Sima SSW-L6 EX Speaker selector= Polk Audio Monitor 70 Series II - Living Room, Definitive Tech ProMonitor 100 - Dining Room, Infinity US-1 - Porch
    Ipeng on an iPad controls everything!

iPeng working again :-)

I am happy to report that iPeng is up and running again on my iPhone. Simply unplugging and restarting my RPi player did the trick!

I've tried every app on every platform. iPeng is by far the best value. Everything I wished I could do in a control app I quite easily can in iPeng.

$9 is a one time purchase, frankly I don't understand how Pippen fits all of the features and a great intuitive interface in this app for $9

Good news: We will keep the discount on iPeng 9 and iPeng ue open until Sunday, October 15th.

Please read to the end if you are interested in the upgrade bundles.

As you might have noticed, the discount we are giving on our current iPeng Apps on the occasion of the iOS 11 release has been extended and is still running. It was supposed to end on October 1st, but we will now leave it open until Sunday.
    The update rates for Appleís current operating system havenít been as fast as in the last few years, so a lot of people only started using the new operating system later.
    Also, there is an issue with upgrade bundles that confuses some people. So we decided to extend the offer to get on board the iPeng community at a discount.

Whatís up with the upgrade bundles?

A lot of people have asked questions about the upgrade bundles on certain store fronts.
    There are two issues here:
    • Under iOS 11, the App Store shows a wrong price. There seems to be some issue on the App Store side making our bundles show the full price for both Apps, even if you already have purchased one of the Apps in the bundle. The way upgrade bundles work is that you have a price for purchasing both Apps together, and whatever you already paid for one of the Apps in the bundle will be deducted from the current price. This is often a bit confusing, especially if there have been exchange rate or tax changes. But now the App Store doesnít discount the old payment when showing the price at all, even when you click to purchase.
      The App Store actually charges the bundle correctly, meaning that after you confirm the purchase, it will inform you that the bundle is actually cheaper; but you have to take the risk to confirm the purchase (which is non-refundable!) first and hope you havenít made a mistake like choosing the wrong bundle or wrong App Store account. We think this is not really acceptable, but since we have no other way to give upgrade discounts on the App Store, and we canít fix it (after all itís Appleís store), we think the general discount is a proper alternative.
    • On some store fronts, the upgrade bundles donít show at all. This is because the bundles only show up if the current price of the bundle is cheaper than the individual prices of the contained Apps. Due to the discount on iPeng 9, the two now typically cost the same, but this also depends on how the price translates into local currency on your store front. Since we canít set the price freely but only using Appleís price tiers, we can Neither change nor influence this. Itís also a bit unfortunate because, depending on what you paid for iPeng Classic, the upgrade bundle might actually still be cheaper, the bundles will be back on all store fronts on Monday when the general discount runs out.
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

Damn it looks like Iíve missed the discounts which is annoying as I need to purchase it 5 times (4 phones and a house iPad on different apple accounts)

I donít seem to be able to find iPeng party.

iOS 11: Continue to Use Your Squeezeboxes with iPhone and iPad with iPeng 9

Canít you use family sharing? IPeng is eligible. WeĎve extended the discount two times and in the end it ran for a month.

Regarding iPeng Party: still working on that one. It needs a complete re-write, the old codebase, which was based on iPeng Classic just doesnít work with iOS 11 so Iím essentially re-implementing it now with whatís going to be a bit of a testbed for the upcoming iPeng 10 redesign.

But first priority right now is to do another iPeng 9 update in the next two weeks that can act as a temporary solution for iPhone X.
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com