Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

iOS 11: Continue to Use Your Squeezeboxes with iPhone and iPad with iPeng 9

While Apple prepared to roll out iOS 11 to your iPhones and iPads out there, we have been busy making sure your favorite music App is ready in time, too.

An Alternative for Users of the Logitech Apps

This was of course especially important as Logitech’s own Apps for Squeezeboxes and the UE Smart Radio will stop working under iOS 11. So, if you have been a user of these Apps until now, you will need an alternative.

Of course I hope that you will find iPeng to be your best option now! And to help you a bit with your decision making, both iPeng 9 and iPeng ue will sell at a discount until end of September. Please note that the App Store automatically disables the discounted Upgrade Bundles for users of iPeng Classic, you will get a similar discount due to the reduced price during this time.

Three iPeng Apps will be Fully Compatible with iOS 11

And while support for specific iOS 11 features will take a little longer, iPeng 9 and iPeng ue now work fine with the new system and iPeng Party will follow soon.

Since iOS 11 brings bigger changes than most updates before, we decided to update all Apps we still support. One of the first and foremost implications of the transition to iOS 11 is the discontinuation of support for 32-bit Apps, which means a lot of older Apps will no longer work. As a consequence this means that on new devices we will have to say goodbye to the old “iPeng Classic” Apps under iOS 11. iPeng Classic, with the original Apps launched 9 and 7 years ago for iPhone and iPad, has been deprecated ever since we released iPeng 7 (now called iPeng 9) four years ago. We left the Apps on the App Store to give users of old hardware an option, but they are no longer supported for new devices.

Changes to the Apps

All our other Apps will run with iOS 11, with different implications for the respective Apps, though.

iPeng 9

iPeng 9 is seeing the smallest changes of all of our Apps. It has always been a 64-bit App, so even oldest iPeng 7 versions will still run under iOS 11. The latest update was only a few weeks ago, so changes are limited to fixes of some smaller compatibility issues in the user interface.
    Find iPeng 9 on the App Store

iPeng ue

For iPeng ue we have taken the opportunity to step up its version to 9.0 as well, and with that it gains two of the features formerly lacking in the UE Smart Radio version of iPeng:

• Lock Screen Widget. The widget allows you to control your Smart Radio directly from the lock screen of your iPhone or iPad and gives you faster access to critical controls.
    • Multitasking support on iPad. iPeng ue now can run in a split-screen window alongside other Apps. While this has already been introduced with iOS 10, it becomes more important under iOS 11, and it allows you to keep iPeng always open next to another App so that you can still control and see your music while e.g. reading on your iPad.

Both features work just like in iPeng 9, please read our announcements for iPeng 9.0 to 9.2 here, here and here for details.
    Find iPeng ue on the App Store

iPeng Party

The most significant changes will come to iPeng Party.

This is the first time iPeng Party becomes a 64-bit App, and with the upgrade, we have included a lot of the more modern code from iPeng 9 into the App in order to have full compatibility with the latest versions of Logitech Media Server. As you will see, performance has improved significantly as well.

And while the general user interface of iPeng Party has stayed the same, it has also adopted a lot of the look&feel of iPeng 9. If you are also an iPeng 9 user, you will feel more at home in iPeng Party now.
    Find iPeng ue on the App Store

I hope that with all these updates the transition to iOS 11 goes smoothly for you and that you continue to have fun with your Apple and Squeezebox devices and of course our Apps!

http://penguinlovesmusic.de/2017/09/...dy-for-ios-11/

Last edited by pippin; 2017-09-18 at 18:02.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Sorry if you were missing the discount for iPeng ue, the price change didn't get through in the first round, it should be rolling out now. The new price (until end of September) is USD 6 (or equivalent tier 6 price in other countries, e.g. €7 in most EU countries).

The price for iPeng 9 was changed correctly Monday evening.
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

Do you pay for each device?

Sorry to bother, but I have just purchased iPeng 9 for iPad, it’s excellent thanks!

But I also tried to load it on to my iPhone, but it wants me to pay again, which I haven’t come across before, is this right?

Thanks.

No, this is not right. Please make sure you use the same App Store account on both devices.
    You should also then be able to see the app under "Purchases" in the App Store: open the "Today" tab and tap on your account image in the top right corner. If you then open "Purchases->My Purchases" you should see the App and be able to download it without a purchase.
    Otherwise: if you have the same account, purchasing the App again should be safe, the actual price will be determined by the App store server and if you really purchased the same App before with the same account you will not pay again but get the App for free.

I just tested this with the upgrade bundles where the App Store stubbornly shows the full bundle price (for both Apps) under iOS 11 because iPeng Classic is no longer available for download under iOS 11 - but if I actually try to purchase the bundle in the end I'm still only charged the upgrade price.

The App Store can be really, really confusing at times but actual bookings are typically correct and you can always claim a refund if they are not.
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

Sorted, thanks!

Pippin, many thanks for your detailed reply, which enabled me to trace the issue to my iPhone. After several restarts it picked up my iTunes account and I now have iPeng 9 on both devices.

Best regards.

Ah, good to hear you got it solved. The App Store can be a bit temperamental at times
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

Welcome to all the new iPeng users who switched from the Logitech App over the last two weeks.

While response on iPeng has been quite good the general pickup of iOS 11 has been slower as usual (for iOS updates) so I‘m going to keep the discount on iPeng and iPeng UE open for a few more days.
    Current plan is to keep it open until Tuesday the 3rd which is a public holiday here in Germany.

So if you are late to the party and it’s now October 1st, you haven’t missed out on the discount, yet.
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    Welcome to all the new iPeng users who switched from the Logitech App over the last two weeks.

While response on iPeng has been quite good the general pickup of iOS 11 has been slower as usual (for iOS updates) so I‘m going to keep the discount on iPeng and iPeng UE open for a few more days.
    Current plan is to keep it open until Tuesday the 3rd which is a public holiday here in Germany.

So if you are late to the party and it’s now October 1st, you haven’t missed out on the discount, yet.
    Is this the discounted price in the US app store?

Of course, you can charge whatever you like. But one reason you may be seeing low uptake is that USD $9 (or even USD $6) for a remote control app is expensive, especially for a "dead" music system.

Name:  2017-10-01_20-37-42a.png
Views: 1077
Size:  61.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by yobyot View Post
    Of course, you can charge whatever you like. But one reason you may be seeing low uptake is that USD $9 (or even USD $6) for a remote control app is expensive, especially for a "dead" music system.
    For anyone still using LMS, as I assume all of us on these forums are, it's obviously not dead. And unlike many apps, which are written then abandoned, iPeng receives regular updates and Pippin provides immediate support for problems and suggestions. With the many features and the convenience of use that it brings to the Squeezebox system, the app is really worth far more than what he charges for it.

Just a very satisfied long-time user.

Bill

lost piCorePlayer when i upraded to iOS11

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anyone else lost their piCorePlayer on iPeng when they upgraded to iOS 11?

I just bought iPeng 9 yesterday; it worked fine, and i was quite pleased. I updated my iphone this morning, when prompted to do so, and now no players are found in iPeng. LMS is still working fine with the player.

Am I missing something? Is there a solution? I tried uninstalling iPeng 9 from my phone and the re-downloading and re-installing, but still nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks,
    Chris