Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

picoreplayer without network

Hello
    I was trying to use my Rpi3 without network, just playing from local USB stick.
    My Rpi3 host everuthing on it and the LMS too.
    The problem is that with network connection active (WiFi or wired Ethernet) everything works fine, but without network it can not play the local file on the USB stick.
    It seems that if the network is not up, the player can not connect to the local LMS on the 127.0.0.1 local address, since the network is down.

I am running 3.21 version.

How to fix it?

It's not really intended to be a non-networked server. For sure you will need to setup LMS to use the nomysqueezebox option. You might also need to specify the server address for squeezelite to connect to.

Since pCP is expecting a network, it will take a minute or two to time out and finish the bootup. Otherwise should work fine.

Hook up a monitor and keyboard to watch the startup process and see what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    It's not really intended to be a non-networked server. For sure you will need to setup LMS to use the nomysqueezebox option. You might also need to specify the server address for squeezelite to connect to.

Since pCP is expecting a network, it will take a minute or two to time out and finish the bootup. Otherwise should work fine.

Hook up a monitor and keyboard to watch the startup process and see what is going on.

Sorry, I can not understand: why should I need a network to play files locally stored on the USB stick? Moreover everything is in the very same box: player, LMS, storage.
    The LMS server address of course is specified and it is the 127.0.0.1 as suggested (if I leave it blank, it wont play even if networked) but seems that if network is not UP, then TCP\IP is not avaialble, so not way for the player to reach the LMS even if running in the same box.

I found the same question here

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...thout-Internet

but on my setup there is no way to get the option to go on without network.

Quote Originally Posted by steff View Post
    Sorry, I can not understand: why should I need a network to play files locally stored on the USB stick? Moreover everything is in the very same box: player, LMS, storage.

If you look @ the startupscript from lms:

# Required-Start: $all
    That means also "Network"
    Since lms is a server for network attached players - you need a network.

Why didnt you just attach a simple wlan adapter into your pi ?

btw: The Touch and the rpi are two complete different things - you cant compare them in this case.

It is normal for a UNIX system to require an operating 127.0.0.1 address and TCP/IP stack for normal running. Windows is the same, as are 90% of general use operating systems.

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Quote Originally Posted by DJanGo View Post
    If you look @ the startupscript from lms:

That means also "Network"
    Since lms is a server for network attached players - you need a network.

Why didnt you just attach a simple wlan adapter into your pi ?

btw: The Touch and the rpi are two complete different things - you cant compare them in this case.
    My Rpi3 has the built in WiFi... I can even attach a USB WiFi adapter, but if not registered on a network, it will not play.

Maybe linux works different from Windows: in Windows, if the the PC has a network adapter, even if not connected, the TCP\IP works!
    In linux it seems not to be the same... TCP/ip is not up if the network adapter is not connected, so no way for the LMS to start (and for the player to reach it).

This is my case: I have this PiCorePlayer in a box with amplifier, speakers and batteries.
    Wish to play my music even if I am, for example, at the sea, on the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by steff View Post
    Hello
    I was trying to use my Rpi3 without network, just playing from local USB stick.
    My Rpi3 host everuthing on it and the LMS too.
    The problem is that with network connection active (WiFi or wired Ethernet) everything works fine, but without network it can not play the local file on the USB stick.
    It seems that if the network is not up, the player can not connect to the local LMS on the 127.0.0.1 local address, since the network is down.

I am running 3.21 version.

How to fix it?
    Out of interest, How are you controlling the player ?
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezePlayer,PiCorePlayer x3,Wandboard
    Server: LMS Version: 7.9.1 - 1503129892 on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U1 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud
    Remotes: iPeng8/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite
    Music: 383GB,1269 albums 17756 songs 4381 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

LMS TCP/IP socket to communicate with players so it needs a network IIRC even if you use LocalPlayer plugin which bypasses nertwork for playing files.
    I don't know pCP but if the network interface confgrued using DHCP and you have no network connection then none of the basic network parameters will be setup such as IP address of interface (even if not up), gateway/default Route and subnet mask. Can these not be setup manually on pCP ?

max2play has a plugin that uses your pi's built-in wifi to create it's own network, piCorePlayer doesn't offer this option.

I use this in my car, controlled with Squeeze Ctrl on my phone, it works great, see my sig.

https://www.max2play.com/en/portfoli...ccess-point-2/

Name:  Network.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  21.9 KB

Name:  now playing.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  42.9 KB
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Raspberry Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - RPi 2/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - Radio
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    Out of interest, How are you controlling the player ?
    I am using the official Raspberry LCD display and Jivelite.