Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Hybrid View

Does the DacMagic XS USB DAC work with Picoreplayer?

I've just installed picoreplayer on a Rasberry Pi 3 and have been looking into dac hats and usb dacs. I like the idead of using a usb dac for a couple of reasons, 1) I don't have to buy another case for Rasberry Pi (Have one that came with kit, but won't fit Dac Hat). 2) I like the idea of being able to use usb dac on other devices such as my laptop. The DacMagic XS USB DAC seems to have decent reviews and price is just about what I planned on spending. If any one has any other suggestions or experience, please reply. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by whomever View Post
    I've just installed picoreplayer on a Rasberry Pi 3 and have been looking into dac hats and usb dacs. I like the idead of using a usb dac for a couple of reasons, 1) I don't have to buy another case for Rasberry Pi (Have one that came with kit, but won't fit Dac Hat). 2) I like the idea of being able to use usb dac on other devices such as my laptop. The DacMagic XS USB DAC seems to have decent reviews and price is just about what I planned on spending. If any one has any other suggestions or experience, please reply. Thank you.
    I had one of these, worked OK with piCorePlayer on a PiB as a headphone DAC, but one day it just stopped working, possibly a problem with the micro-USB socket. I don't think I'd buy another, the IQAudioDAC+ is a better solution and has both headphone jack and phono outputs.

Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 3/piCoreplayer/LMS7.9 with files on QNAP TS-239
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 and Naim CD3)
    PiCorePlayer(Pi2) with touchscreen and IQAudIO DAC+>Sennheisers
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired)
    Office: LMS7.9 running on WiFi MyPassport drive > piCorePlayer(PiB)/HiFiBerryDAC > Amptastic Amplifier
    SqueezePad, iPeng as controllers

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob