Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

404 file not found

suddenly last two weeks can no longerpick up 84 whas radio...
    my second fav pre set.... My radio says 404 file not found.....
    so did this radio station change somehow ? can pick it up by treaming from their site.. but thats why I bought my radio SB so i can listen wo computer running etc...we have 3 units in various rooms
    I have been trying sev times a day.. even did "search"on my SB s...
    thanks yall
    please help cant get it under main menu .... "radio" ...local...am ...even.....

Looks like WHAS has limited itself to only iHeartRadio. SB players cannot access iHeartRadio. You can contact the station and ask for a direct stream URL to paste into your Favorites, but I doubt they can (or will) do this.

This is happening more and more with stations. They are signing exclusive contracts with iHeartRadio for all stream content. Makes sense for the stations as they can turn over all streaming responsibilities to a well known national stream aggregator with deep pockets. But it's bad news for other stream aggregators like TuneIn and will eventually make hardware players like our SB's pretty much worthless for station streaming.

Quote Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
    But it's bad news for other stream aggregators like TuneIn and will eventually make hardware players like our SB's pretty much worthless for station streaming.
    .... except for the 10000s of stations outside the USA ?
    Touch, Logitech Radio, Logitech UE Radio, O2 Joggler + SqpOS
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    Castbridge - Chromecast 1 + Chromecast Audio
    AirplayBridge - Loewe Airspeaker
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    .... except for the 10000s of stations outside the USA ?
    Yes, assuming GeoIP fencing/restrictions don't kill of those as well. Neither affect my usage very much as I never listen to commercial broadcast streams like that which the OP is trying to stream. But even ShoutCast (my primary stream source) has about half of the stations it used to offer.

Wor 710 am

Used to listen to WOR in the morning, now get 404. Guess it's their loss, a lot less people listening, they used to get a lot of out of state call-in's.
    Last edited by kloach; 2017-09-22 at 06:53.

Duplicating another thread I started. I find CBC listed under my Apps on player and web but get 404 error on trying to open. Apparently it is geofenced but I can not use it even though I am in Canada.
    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1504317335 @ Mon Sep 4 07:13:56 UTC 2017
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8 Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.22.1 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi

Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

I got a "404 file not found" on one of my favorite stations a few weeks ago. I thought that it might just be short term but when I continued I emailed
    the station asking for help. They tried to help but nothing they suggested helped. I don't think it was their fault but they just didn't understand the problem.
    I have been looking for ways to obtain the direct Iheart stream and finally found a way to obtain one that works and you can enter on "favorites" on Mysqueezebox.com. The following link to a another forum explains what is happening to the old Iheart URLS and how to get the the new one. The first one
    you do takes a little time but once you get the hang of it it's easy. The post explains things better than I could ever do. I tried the WOR example
    first and it played right away.

http://www.radiodiscussions.com/show...ding&p=6172619

I found that plugging the URL into Winamp to test when you had the stream correct worked good

I have only been using the new streams a few days but so for so good

Looks like WHAS has limited itself to only iHeartRadio. SB players cannot access iHeartRadio. You can contact the station and ask for a direct stream URL to paste into your Favorites, but I doubt they can (or will) do this.

This is happening more and more with stations. They are signing exclusive contracts with iHeartRadio for all stream content. Makes sense for the stations as they can turn over all streaming responsibilities to a well known national stream aggregator with deep pockets. But it's bad news for other stream aggregators like TuneIn and will eventually make hardware players like our SB's pretty much worthless for station streaming.
    That's exactly why I just ordered a Grace Mondo+ internet radio. It says it plays all iHeart stations. It will be nice to have wireless portability again, too, since the WiFi feature on my Squeezebox died a long time ago. It will be nice to have a weather app again since I lost that when I had to update my Squeezebox to the UE smartradio firmware. Lost the ability to play podcasts, as well. Oh, and being currently and actively supported will be nice since Logitech abandoned the market years ago.

My stopgap measure has been streaming stations via WiFi through my phone and a bluetooth external speaker. It actually works pretty well and if the Mondo+ box doesn't work out, I'll just keep using the phone. iHeart radio app for the iHeart stations and Tunein for everything else. Both are completely free. Works perfectly. I spent a whole dollar on a sleep timer app that shuts everything down on the phone, including the WiFi and bluetooth radios so they don't keep burning battery all night long. It works perfectly, too.
    Last edited by buffettck; 2017-10-13 at 08:23.

It can access iHeart stations if you update to the UE smartradio firmware. I did this and all of my iHeart stations played fine...for a while... Now, I'm slowly losing them one by one. You can try it, but I don't think it's a permanent solution and why I looked beyond anything Logitech. I've had a good run with my Squeezebox after using it for about 5-6 years. Too bad I didn't know the hardware was going to be discontinued so soon after I bought it. Frankly, I'm surprised Logitech is still even providing server support.

Yes, assuming GeoIP fencing/restrictions don't kill of those as well.
    Use a VPN installed on the router.