Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Notification on sync/unsync

Is there a way to be notified in a plugin when a player is being added / remove to a synchronisation 'group' (although the notion of group does not really exist)

What I'm thinking of is for my upnp bridge when using Sonos, I could proxy as well sync/unsync and forward the requests to Sonos players. This way, when synching the virtual players in LMS, their real Sonos counterpart would be sync'd as well. The helper would know that as well and only send command/audio to the master of the group but report progress to all players in LMS to 'fool' it That would be a better integration
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express

"subscribe sync" works from the CLI

Quote Originally Posted by Girth View Post
    "subscribe sync" works from the CLI
    Thanks - I'll look into that, it might be possible to do everything from the helper, w/o involving a Perl part
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express