Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39
  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Checking the Sonos forum about the new alexa-enabled Play One suggests that the implementation leaves a lot to be desired - many features missing, buggy software. Quite a few new owners threatening to return. Unusual for Sonos products.
    Oh man just looked at the sonos community and the Sonos true believers are out in full force trying to stem the tide of criticism over the beta hardware and software. Seems like a case of over promise, way under deliver.

  2. #22
    Senior Member iPhone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    3,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Your real name is Henry Higgins and I claim my £5

    Ronnie

    Please explain what speech therapy has to do with music appreciation played back on equipment that strives for the most absolute realism possible much less how I could possibly be a fictional character?

    And oh yeah, real currency is gold or US Dollars! Since I am not Higgins, please return the £5 plus pay £15 for being wrong.
    iPhone
    Media Room:
    ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

    Living Room:
    Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model 3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

    Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
    Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
    Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
    Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
    Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
    Ford Thunderbird: SB Touch, USB drive
    Ford Expedition: SB Touch, USB drive

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    1,992
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhone View Post
    Please explain what speech therapy has to do with music appreciation played back on equipment that strives for the most absolute realism possible much less how I could possibly be a fictional character?

    And oh yeah, real currency is gold or US Dollars! Since I am not Higgins, please return the £5 plus pay £15 for being wrong.

    Well if you think Pygmalion is about Speech Therapy I don't know what you make of the Opera .

    And no, I'm keeping the dosh guvnor (tips cap with two extended fingers and shuffles off stage left )

    I'm more a Pinafore man meself.

    Pretigge Weekend

    Ronnie

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Yes, this is absolutely that my UPnP Bridge plugin provides. What you will *not* get is synchro between other LMS speakers and Sonos. If you have created a Sonos group, then sending a track to any group member will play in sync with all players of the group.
    i've a sonos play, can you explain how to use this upnp bridge? thanks
    Touchx2,radiox4, Squeezebox Server 7.9 (Raspberrypi 3 and qnap ts-269)

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    579
    i can't makr upnp plugin working, it sais this:

    Configuration file missing - create one by clicking "generate" or, if autosave is on, refresh this page
    Touchx2,radiox4, Squeezebox Server 7.9 (Raspberrypi 3 and qnap ts-269)

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,305

    sonos vs squeezebox

    You just need to select one version on the helper (see the drop down menu at the top of the page). If you are on a pi, just select the squeeze2upnp-armv6h version and click apply. Don't even bother with generating a config file, it will do automatically. Wait 30 sec and refresh the page. Then use the Sonos profile for all your sonos devices (see the drop down menu that lists devices in the middle of the page). That's all you need to do
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    You just need to select one version on the helper (see the drop down menu at the top of the page). If you are on a pi, just select the squeeze2upnp-armv6h version and click apply. Don't even bother with generating a config file, it will do automatically. Wait 30 sec and refresh the page. Then use the Sonos profile for all your sonos devices (see the drop down menu that lists devices in the middle of the page). That's all you need to do
    i've dinstalled it but now i can't seem to install it again. i click on the plugin to install, restart server but it has not installed
    Touchx2,radiox4, Squeezebox Server 7.9 (Raspberrypi 3 and qnap ts-269)

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    579
    finally installed, set profile for my sonos player i click on play but no sound

    it played a song and then stops. then sonos player disappears
    Last edited by nervoteso; 2017-11-04 at 10:38.
    Touchx2,radiox4, Squeezebox Server 7.9 (Raspberrypi 3 and qnap ts-269)

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,305

    sonos vs squeezebox

    Quote Originally Posted by nervoteso View Post
    finally installed, set profile for my sonos player i click on play but no sound

    it played a song and then stops. then sonos player disappears
    What is your OS? Did you set the Sonos profile? There are a couple of specific parameters required for sonos that are correctly set in the pre-defined profile. You just need to select your player in the drop down list (instead of 'common parameters' and then select sonos from the drop down list of 'apply predefined profile'. What does it now says in fron of the HTTP parameter for you player? (close and re-open the settings window)
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2017-11-04 at 11:35.
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    What is your OS? Did you set the Sonos profile? There are a couple of specific parameters required for sonos that are correctly set in the pre-defined profile. You just need to select your player in the drop down list (instead of 'common parameters' and then select sonos from the drop down list of 'apply predefined profile'. What does it now says in fron of the HTTP parameter for you player? (close and re-open the settings window)
    i've set the sonos player with sonos profile in the list but it seems sometimes it is losing connection with sonos player. i play random songs but it plays a song and then stops. i'm on raspberry ip3 (qnap mounted). in http parameter it says -3

    ah ok set the sonos play profil!! i chose the commone paramters

    i set sonos pre defined, click on apply but common profiles come back
    Last edited by nervoteso; 2017-11-04 at 11:57.
    Touchx2,radiox4, Squeezebox Server 7.9 (Raspberrypi 3 and qnap ts-269)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •