Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks for your testing anyway!

I indeed got it working on my ReadyNAS Duo v2 with 256MB RAM... Don't know how reliable it would work (I'll stick with the Pi3 - it's much faster!). It pegged the CPU for several seconds after starting playback. And it obviously is using some swap space. But hey, it's working after all! :-)
    Michael

http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins - Spotty, MusicArtistInfo

Hi,
    thank you for supporting spotty so well!!
    I tried to install Spotty on my Qnap TS-212, CPU Marvell 6281 1.2GHz, but it doesn't work. I can't install it. Perhaps I did something wrong. I tried to install version 1.4.1 from the app menue, from third party apps. I marker the box. The Squeezebox does make a reset. When I look now again in the menue spotty is not marked anymore. ???

Gesendet von meinem LG-H870DS mit Tapatalk

Spotty on ARM based NAS (Synology,QNAP etc.)

> I tried to install Spotty on my Qnap TS-212, CPU Marvell 6281 1.2GHz,
    > but it doesn't work. I can't install it. Perhaps I did something wrong.
    > I tried to install version 1.4.1 from the app menue, from third party
    > apps. I marker the box. The Squeezebox does make a reset. When I look
    > now again in the menue spotty is not marked anymore. ???

What LMS version? If you're pre 7.9.1 you might get the restart prompt
    before the plugin actually has been downloaded. Make sure you give it
    enough time before re-starting LMS.

If in doubt, enable logging for server.plugins and plugin.extensions
    before trying to install the plugin. Then check the server.log file for
    hints about the failure.

--

Michael

I've installed LMS 7.9.1
    Log-File:
    0007: Compilation failed in require at /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Utils/PluginDownloader.pm line 98. 0006: BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/CPAN/Archive/Zip.pm line 11. 0005: Compilation failed in require at /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/CPAN/Archive/Zip.pm line 11. 0004: [17-09-13 12:04:55.6469] Slim::Utils::PluginDownloader::extract (102) error loading Archive::Zip Compress::Raw::Zlib object version 2.021 does not match bootstrap parameter 2.033 at /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/CPAN/arch/5.10/Compress/Raw/Zlib.pm line 98. 0003: [17-09-13 12:04:55.4037] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.1, 1501791870, Fri Aug 4 04:11:59 UTC 2017) perl 5.010000 - armv5tel-linux-thread-multi 0002: Async::HTTP: Unable to load IO::Socket::SSL, will try connecting to SSL servers in non-SSL mode 0001: [17-09-13 12:04:20.4437] Slim::Plugin::Extensions::Settings::handler (35) attempt to set params with band random

Oh, multiple rather QNAP related issues:

- You need to install IO::Socket::SSL. See eg. http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post890362
    - I think there's a version conflict in some Perl module between system wide installed, and LMS own. See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post784918
    Michael

http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins - Spotty, MusicArtistInfo

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Oh, multiple rather QNAP related issues:

- You need to install IO::Socket::SSL. See eg. http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post890362
    - I think there's a version conflict in some Perl module between system wide installed, and LMS own. See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post784918
    I'm not able to install IO::Socket::SSL. I tried the whole day... First I tried with entware-ng than with cpan. No success.

Spotty on ARM based NAS (Synology,QNAP etc.)

> I tried with entware-ng than with cpan. No success.
    I think you should try to get in touch with the QNAP community.

--
    --

Michael

still not working

Ok I now opened a thread in qnapclub... up to now I have no answers. In case of somebody has an idea I share the link to this thread here.
    https://forum.qnapclub.de/thread/451...uf-qnap-ts212/

Thank you for your help!!!

Spotty on ARM based NAS (Synology, QNAP etc.)

IMHO this is a waste of time. If you ever get LMS successfully installed on a 212 you are more than likely to find it broken after the next firmware update.
    Leave your music on the QNAP but get yourself a Pi3 install piCorePlayer and then LMS and point it at the NAS. It's not difficult and now far better supported (by us) than LMS directly on a NAS. It's also quicker in my experience.

PS I have run LMS on 2 QNAPs in the past and still store my music on one with backups on 2 others but for LMS itself I have used alternate hardware for some years. I wouldn't go back even if LMS 7.9.x became fully supported by QNAP themselves again.
    Last edited by d6jg; 2017-09-20 at 11:43.
    Pi3 pCp/LMS storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    IMHO this is a waste of time. If you ever get LMS successfully installed on a 212 you are more than likely to find it broken after the next firmware update.
    Leave your music on the QNAP but get yourself a Pi3 install piCorePlayer and then LMS and point it at the NAS. It's not difficult and now far better supported (by us) than LMS directly on a NAS. It's also quicker in my experience.

PS I have run LMS on 2 QNAPs in the past and still store my music on one with backups on 2 others but for LMS itself I have used alternate hardware for some years. I wouldn't go back even if LMS 7.9.x became fully supported by QNAP themselves again.
    Couldn't agree more! Having moved to a relatively inexpensive Raspberry Pi3, and after a bit of back and forth to the forum to set it up correctly, I am finding it fast, easy to update LMS, handles FLAC 24/192 effortlessly, and scans the library on the NAS in a third of the time than the NAS did it. Rescans take only a couple of minutes. I went back to LMS on the NAS momentarily and found it slow and frustrating.

Regards, David
    Server pi3 pCP LMS
    Media ReadyNAS DuoV2
    Lounge/dining areas SBT > Denon AVR2113 > Bose Acoustimass10 / Krix Seismix3 18" 300w RMS custom cinema sub (& AR 77XB turntable, Stanton 680MkII / Grado F-1+ > NAD7155 to phono pre-amp > Amp etc)
    Family/kitchen SBT > Denon AVRX3000 zone 1 > Krix Acoustix F, Centrix C, Holographix R & Original Seismix 7 15" 400w RMS sub
    Alfresco as above zone 2 > Krix Tropix
    Others SB Player/androids > Bose Soundlink Mini
    SBT/SB Player Remotes Squeeze Ctrl/androids