Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

how to stream music from NAS to Libratone ZIPP speakers (possibly via iPeng)?

Hi,

I am currently using a SYNOLOGY NAS with LMS installed on a MAGNA HIFI/MANO player, streaming files (mainly under FLAC format) to an AUDIO GD/DAC 19. I am using the iPENG application as monitoring application. I am also using as an altenative source QUOBUZ streaming services (or other such as SPOTIFY or DEEZER) or event music that is stroed on my iPhone.

My Hifi is connected to a REGA MIRA amplifyer connected to KLIPSCH speaker, in my living room. I am also using 2 LIBTRATONE (one ZIPP and one ZIPP mini) as a multiroom system.

I would like to know if (and how) it is possible to make my system evolve to do the following :

1) I cannot stream on the LIBRATONE speakers the music that is stored on the NAS via iPENG (mostly FLAC files). Is there a possibility to configure an alternative player/source on iPENG/LMS to enable this? would the FLAC format not be compatible with LIBRATONE speakers ? Does the fact that LMS is installed ont the MANO play a role?

2) I cannot stream the music on the hifi (MANO streamer/DAC/Ampli/speakers) and the LIBRATONE speakers at the same time (from iPENG or any other application, such as Quobuz or even the Apple Player (Musiques)) : is there any way to do so? Would the forthcoming AIRPLAY2 protocole coming soon with the next iOS offer a solution?

I thank you very much in advance for your assistance.

PS : I am not 100% to have posted this thread in the right chapter. Please advise. Thanks

From the Libratrone specs the ZIPPs are capable of 24/96 files. So from that point of "flac" view you should be fine.

I┤m in a similiar situation like you since I bought a Riva Arena a couple weeks back and wanted to have it "in synch" with my living room system (Pi2 w picoreplayer; LMS runnning on a Syno 213).

So I was fiddling around a bit with the squeeze2upnp plug in and could see the Riva besides my Pi2 in Orange Squeeze.
    But I had mixed results (sometimes it worked, sometimes not....most likely I need to dig deeper in it) so I installed minimserver and buppleUPnPserver on my NAS, created the Riva as a Open Home renderer and can now control the Riva via the Linn Kazoo app.

OK...synch with the Pi is not the case and that┤s one reason why i will remain "subscribed" to this thread because I┤m also looking for a stable solution to synch both "renderers" (Pi2, Riva) controlling via iPeng on iOS and Orange Squeeze (on Android).

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by marflao View Post
    From the Libratrone specs the ZIPPs are capable of 24/96 files. So from that point of "flac" view you should be fine.

I┤m in a similiar situation like you since I bought a Riva Arena a couple weeks back and wanted to have it "in synch" with my living room system (Pi2 w picoreplayer; LMS runnning on a Syno 213).

So I was fiddling around a bit with the squeeze2upnp plug in and could see the Riva besides my Pi2 in Orange Squeeze.
    But I had mixed results (sometimes it worked, sometimes not....most likely I need to dig deeper in it) so I installed minimserver and buppleUPnPserver on my NAS, created the Riva as a Open Home renderer and can now control the Riva via the Linn Kazoo app.

OK...synch with the Pi is not the case and that┤s one reason why i will remain "subscribed" to this thread because I┤m also looking for a stable solution to synch both "renderers" (Pi2, Riva) controlling via iPeng on iOS and Orange Squeeze (on Android).

Cheers.
    You should check out Shairtunes and the airplay plugins - you can only sync 'airplay' devices unless the devices are genuine SB devices.
    Touch, Logitech Radio, Logitech UE Radio, O2 Joggler + SqpOS
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    Castbridge - Chromecast 1 + Chromecast Audio
    AirplayBridge - Loewe Airspeaker
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm.... how does this work in particular, castalla?
    Airplay plugin is needed therefore I can see the Riva which can then be controlled via iPeng (which is also used to control the Pi2)? And both renderes are synched and are able to play gapless?

That would be cool.

Hmm.... how does this work in particular, castalla?
    Airplay plugin is needed therefore I can see the Riva which can then be controlled via iPeng (which is also used to control the Pi2)? And both renderes are synched and are able to play gapless?

That would be cool.
    Better to ask in the Shairtunes2 thread .... sorry
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So many plugin threads ;-)
    Don't know which would be the right one for my "use case".

Just started to read the AirplayBridge (squeeze2raop) one...

So many plugin threads ;-)
    Don't know which would be the right one for my "use case".

Just started to read the AirplayBridge (squeeze2raop) one...
    That's the correct onne to get airplay devices working with LMS.
    SB Player - Fire TV

Thanks mate,
    will dig a bit deeper into it ;-)