Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Spicefly Fingerprint Metadata Extractor (MusicIP can it be reborn?)

Hi All,

Announcing a little experiment, to see whether it's possible to resurrect MusicIP.. if your tracks are already MusicIP fingerprinted please read further and hoping you will help out

The Issue
    MusicIP is a great piece of software but if you haven't scanned your music files its a long process to start from scratch.

The Theory
    Is it possible to use other fingerprinting software to cross reference and build a new MusicIP metadata library from tracks already fingerprinted by MusicIP. If it's possible to build up 100k of the most common tracks then that would go a big way to solving the issue and the user then might only have to scan a few hundred tracks.

What is Spicefly Fingerprint Metadata Extractor?
    SFME is a proof of concept software. Using AcoustID's Chromaprint open source audio identification fingerprinting software and then by running this against tracks that already have MusicIP fingerprints it copies the metadata and uploads it to the source server. The plan is to use crowd sourcing to build a much larger data model and study the metadata and see if there is any cross reference.

How you can Help
    SFME is something I've been wanting to try out for a long time, so I learnt Visual C# over the last 12 months. If your tracks already contain MusicIP fingerprints, please download and run SFME on your tracks to aid the research effort.

More information and Download;
    http://spicefly.com/article.php?page...data-extractor

Version 0.3 - 17th September 2017
    + Increased scanning speed by approx 24%

Version 0.2 - 15th September 2017
    + Added FLAC scan capability
    + Added pause functionality during Fingerprint scanning
    + Major Speed Improvement to data packaging and zip functions
    + Improved memory performance

Version 0.1 - 9th September 2017
    Initial Release
    Last edited by cparker; 2017-09-17 at 11:00. Reason: New Release
    www.spicefly.com - ** Spicefly SugarCube ** - A hassle free acoustic journey through your music library using MusicIP. Plus the finest MusicIP installation guides, enhanced MIP Interface and SpyGlass MIP the Windows Automated MusicIP Headless Installer.

I like this idea. The MIP database has been offline for some years now and it can be a real pain to fingerprint new tracks. Finding some way to replicate the database is a great idea. I only have about 250 mp3 files fingerprinted but I've submitted them using your fingerprint extractor. Will you be incorporating flac? I have about 30k of those.

Bob
    1 x Touch
    1 x Radio
    1 x Boom
    1 x Intel-NUC server/squeezelite running LMS 7.91 on Windows 10
    1 X Odroid-XU4 server/squeezelite running LMS 7.91 on Ubuntu 16.04
    WaveIO USB into Lavry DA-10 DAC
    Starfish Pre-amp : Based on NAIM NAC 72
    Heavily modified NAIM NAP 250 Power-amp
    Behringer DEQ2496
    Linn Isobarik DMS

Wow, great idea! I am not sure how well it will work out, but I am totally on it. I have ~22k tracks fingerprinted with MIP, maybe not many of the "100k most common ones", as there is a lot of rather obscure metal stuff included, but anyway. I will have a look into the extractor and provide the data to you as soon as possible (will start this evening after I am back from work).

Cheers,
    Seb
    "The only word I know is 'Grunt' - and I can't spell it" (R.I.P. D.A.)

Great idea !
    I have a few thousand tracks tagged with MusicIP already, I would be happy to contribute. I'm on Linux, though, I'll see if I can manage to get this working (I have a windoze box somewhere that could help).

Nice. Since my library is 95% FLAC I'll wait until that get's incorporated. Around 75% of my almost 120K tracks has the fingerprint stored
    Main System: Touch; Marantz SR-5004; TMA Premium 905; TMA Premium 901; BK Monolith+ FF; HDI Dune Smart D1; Pioneer PDP-LX5090H
    Workshop: iPad 32GB Wifi + Squeezepad (local playback activated)
    Wherever needed: Acer Iconia Tab A700 + Squeezeplayer
    Car: BananaPi LMS + Squeezeplayer on Android phone - Controller TBD ...

Extracted the fingerprints from my collections mp3 files (around 16K files) last night.

It had previously stalled for me a couple of times or maybe I didn't let it run long enough. The SFME reported being non responsive.

I hope the effort helps a little.

Quote Originally Posted by soulgazer View Post
    It had previously stalled for me a couple of times or maybe I didn't let it run long enough. The SFME reported being non responsive.

I hope the effort helps a little.
    Same on my side - but i found it works better if you add not your whole lib just portions of it.

Hi,

I've just uploaded a new version, this one support FLAC tags and I've tried a few things to reduce memory footprint.

Let me know how it works

Cheers
    www.spicefly.com - ** Spicefly SugarCube ** - A hassle free acoustic journey through your music library using MusicIP. Plus the finest MusicIP installation guides, enhanced MIP Interface and SpyGlass MIP the Windows Automated MusicIP Headless Installer.

Spicefly Fingerprint metadata extractor (SFME) 0.2 Alpha

Charles,
    Great idea.

First attempt appears to have hung, says (Not Responding) on top line of the gui display, also says Files Scanned 10 and lists track 10 in the first album but is displaying 14 tracks in its table. Task manager shows SFME is using CPU and accessing the music library so I will let it run as there are 7,000 MP3 tracks for it to check.

Edit : Eventually windows said the program wasn't responding and I closed it.
    Next attempt at a small number of files worked but the Files scanned count did not increase from 10 , nor did the file display. However, when I clicked Start and selected another folder of albums the count and file display updated every 10 tracks and all worked. It worked again for a folder of 300 files.
    All 6000 tracks were analyzed in about 30 minutes. Appears that you have to run an nalbum first to initialise everything then you can run a large folder.
    Last edited by Wirrunna; 2017-09-15 at 19:13. Reason: Added info
    A camel is a racehorse designed by a committee.

Seen sprayed on the outside wall of the local library -
    Three things I hate in life :
    1. Vandalism
    2. Irony
    3. Lists

Quote Originally Posted by Wirrunna View Post
    Charles,
    Great idea.

First attempt appears to have hung, says (Not Responding) on top line of the gui display, also says Files Scanned 10 and lists track 10 in the first album but is displaying 14 tracks in its table. Task manager shows SFME is using CPU and accessing the music library so I will let it run as there are 7,000 MP3 tracks for it to check.

Edit : Eventually windows said the program wasn't responding and I closed it.
    Next attempt at a small number of files worked but the Files scanned count did not increase from 10 , nor did the file display. However, when I clicked Start and selected another folder of albums the count and file display updated every 10 tracks and all worked. It worked again for a folder of 300 files.
    All 6000 tracks were analyzed in about 30 minutes. Appears that you have to run an nalbum first to initialise everything then you can run a large folder.
    Found similar results when trying to scan 30k flac files. First attempt hung and had to close program. Scanned a single folder with two albums, 20 tracks in all, and that worked. Went on to scan all 30k and that worked - took about 2 hours. So Wirrunna is right - need to initialise by running a small sample first.

Bob
    1 x Touch
    1 x Radio
    1 x Boom
    1 x Intel-NUC server/squeezelite running LMS 7.91 on Windows 10
    1 X Odroid-XU4 server/squeezelite running LMS 7.91 on Ubuntu 16.04
    WaveIO USB into Lavry DA-10 DAC
    Starfish Pre-amp : Based on NAIM NAC 72
    Heavily modified NAIM NAP 250 Power-amp
    Behringer DEQ2496
    Linn Isobarik DMS