Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    And as DLNA it will not likely be gapless.
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
    You'll have to check with Samsung specs, maybe it will. But I wouldn't be surprised if the TV's optical out is limited to 24/48 (24/96 downsampled).
    Ugh!
    You were right. The Samsung Smart TV (which cost ú2k) cannot deal with sampling rates above 48Mhz. Incidentally, a bug in the FLAC codec implementation means it cuts off dead the last 10 seconds of every song. That's what I call attention to detail - NOT. Samsung do have the best TV pictures IMHO which is why I'd buy them after all, but all the software in them is s**t.

A last desperate question: if (big IF) I go the Raspberry Pi route, do I need to start with a Pi 3 or will an earlier version work as well? Also, what sort of external memory card capacity will I need to create my Duet receiver lookalike? I suppose really I'm asking if there are any guides anywhere on how to do this Pi work?

Cheers
    Rocketman

Rocketman, Rocketman2 and now Rocketman3 too.
    [N.B. the forum doesn't recognises my old passwords nor sends me a reset so I have to create new accounts periodically]

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman3 View Post
    A last desperate question: if (big IF) I go the Raspberry Pi route, do I need to start with a Pi 3 or will an earlier version work as well? Also, what sort of external memory card capacity will I need to create my Duet receiver lookalike? I suppose really I'm asking if there are any guides anywhere on how to do this Pi work?
    The earlier versions are fine unless you need to run it as a server doing heavy resampling for multiple players. Lots or RPi guides on the net, but I guess you want something specifically for LMS streaming. Suggest you go for one of the ready-made packages.
    "To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman3 View Post
    I suppose really I'm asking if there are any guides anywhere on how to do this Pi work?
    Guide: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...iFiBerry-board

Parts list: https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/w...shlist_lists_4
    Last edited by Apesbrain; 2017-09-13 at 06:59.

Oh sure, after I spend 3 days scouring the Pi Forums and searching Amazon, NOW you repost this after I placed my order 3 days ago. Parts came to the door last night. Now, which OS to use?
    iPhone
    Media Room:
    ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
    Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model 3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
    Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
    Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
    Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
    Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
    Ford Thunderbird: SB Touch, USB drive
    Ford Expedition: SB Touch, USB drive

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone View Post
    Now, which OS to use?
    If your intent is to use it solely for LMS (player/server), there's nothing better than piCorePlayer:
    https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/home