Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

MusicIP scan issue

I have recently installed MusicIP on my Raspberry Pi using frankd's method found in a thread on the forum and it works well except for a very slow initial start up on my device.

If I do a "clear library and rescan" the scan completes but if I do a "new and changed scan" the RAM used on my Pi increases until none is free and the Pi crashes.

I set logging on MusicIP to debug and I can see that mixable status of tracks is being read by the scanner but while this is happening the memory use of the MusicMagicServer service is continually increasing as more songs are scanned.

When this reaches around 67% reported by "top" the Pi crashes. This doesn't happen during a full scan where the memory usage of MusicMagicServer remains low.

Why would a "new and changed" scan cause more RAM usage than a full scan?

Using LMS 7.9.1

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by slartibartfast; 2017-09-07 at 07:21.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I have recently installed MusicIP on my Raspberry Pi using frankd's method found in a thread on the forum and it works well except for a very slow initial start up on my device.

If I do a "clear library and rescan" the scan completes but if I do a "new and changed scan" the RAM used on my Pi increases until none is free and the Pi crashes.

I set logging on MusicIP to debug and I can see that mixable status of tracks is being read by the scanner but while this is happening the memory use of the MusicMagicServer service is continually increasing as more songs are scanned.

When this reaches around 67% reported by "top" the Pi crashes. This doesn't happen during a full scan where the memory usage of MusicMagicServer remains low.

Why would a "new and changed" scan cause more RAM usage than a full scan?

Using LMS 7.9.1

When I ran the MusicIP analysis on my library I deliberately avoided analysing all my live tracks. Now when I do a "new and changed" scan I see that the MusicIP plugin tries to import all of the live tracks which have not been validated and are obviously not mixable.
    How do I prevent the plugin from trying to import these tracks?
    I know this is in the wrong part of the forum but initially I thought it might be an issue with LMS 7.9.1.