Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    But now!

Cautiously I wan't to report, that since last friday or saturday ff works again flawlessly.

I tested several streams/podcasts and all worked fine. Including the bbc podcast that bpa suggested.

Dont know why or what happened.

Can you confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    But now!

Cautiously I wan't to report, that since last friday or saturday ff works again flawlessly.

I tested several streams/podcasts and all worked fine. Including the bbc podcast that bpa suggested.

Dont know why or what happened.

Can you confirm?
    The BBC podcast still cannot do ffw/rew using mysqueezebox.com on Radio.

Are you sure you are connected to mysqueezebox.com ?

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    The BBC podcast still cannot do ffw/rew using mysqueezebox.com on Radio.

Are you sure you are connected to mysqueezebox.com ?
    Hmmm

I just tested again. It's still working, FF/REW included. And yes, I have a Squeezebox Radio connected to mysqueezebox.com. No LMS currently running anywhere in the network.

Can't help it, but that's it.

What I had done this weekend was a power off/on reset of my dsl/wifi-router for other reasons (slow connectivity to my internet provider). I didn't think of a correlation, but now??

Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    Hmmm

I just tested again. It's still working, FF/REW included. And yes, I have a Squeezebox Radio connected to mysqueezebox.com. No LMS currently running anywhere in the network.

Can't help it, but that's it.

What I had done this weekend was a power off/on reset of my dsl/wifi-router for other reasons (slow connectivity to my internet provider). I didn't think of a correlation, but now??
    It's a mystery - I retested both on LMS and on mysqueezebox.com using same Radio and same Favorite on mysqueezebox.com - on LMS I can ffw/rew but cannot on mysqueezebox.com

Now, the next morning, unfortunately the FF/REW are not working any more.

Measures taken:

1. Restart Radio via power supply off/on. FF/REW still not working.

2. Restart wifi-router via power supply off/on. And then FF/REW working again!

So in the end I believe it could be a problem with my router combined with its internet connection. Because when using the same wifi-router to connect Radio with an LMS on my local pc I didn't have any problems with the FF/REW.

My guess is that you end up connected to different servers, running different software version or configuration. Some servers support ff/rew, some don't.
    Things like this usually run on server farms using load balancing where you have a single point of entry but your request may be handled by one of a number of servers.
    This would also explain why two users don't see the same behaviour at a given time.

I don't think it has anything to do with your equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by alfista View Post
    My guess is that you end up connected to different servers, running different software version or configuration. Some servers support ff/rew, some don't.
    Things like this usually run on server farms using load balancing where you have a single point of entry but your request may be handled by one of a number of servers.
    This would also explain why two users don't see the same behaviour at a given time.

I don't think it has anything to do with your equipment.
    I agree that this is one hypothesis but it doesn't seem likely as one probelmatic podcast is from BBC who, AFAICT have contracted their streaming services to a 3rd party - it would be very odd for a commercial service to have such inconsistency. That said some ISP utilise caching and keep copies of frequently requested content locally, this is variant of the different server and might be applicable to OP.

This strange behaviour doesn't really explain why OP can sometimes do ffw/rew with mp3 podcast using mysqueezebox.com and I cannot find any podcast to do it.