Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Hybrid View

MySB.com does not react to fast forward command, while LMS does

Since two weeks or so my Squeezebox Radio does not react when I want to skip time in a played mp3 - Podcast via pressing the fast forward button. Nothing happens, not even the played time is shown on the display.

When I use a locally installed LMS everything works fine. So it shouldn't be a problem of my SB Radio or the wlan router.

Any ideas to this?
    Last edited by Black; 2017-09-17 at 09:44.

Post the name of the podcast so others can try it. Is this true with all podcasts or just particular ones?

Thank you Toby for your reply.

I have this Problem with all podcasts, not with a special one. And the same if I choose an arbitrary non-live-Radio Show e.g. within the tune-in application.

If relevant: I'm located in Germany and connected to the corresponding EU-infrastructure/server

I don't use podcasts so not sure how helpful this will be......

Same here in US on MySB.com playing podcasts within TuneIn menus. FFWD only starts podcast over again, though Pause does work. Whether this is normal for podcasts or TuneIn podcasts via SB players I don't know. Might be how the podcasts are formatted that allows (or not) FFWD functionality. Dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
    Might be how the podcasts are formatted that allows (or not) FFWD functionality. Dunno.
    For MP3 podcasts - if the source supports the http "Range" header (not all sources do as they expect download complete files and not stream fragments) to allow to play from a specific place then skips can be done from LMS - I think mysqueezebox.com should be able to do the same.

For MP4 podcasts - IIRC there is no ffw/rew supported because of encoding etc.

That's helpful and I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
    FFWD only starts podcast over again, though Pause does work.
    Exactly the same here.

I can't believe that it is a problem of the podcast/hoster format, because everything worked fine for years until the functionality vanished two weeks (or so) ago.

@bpa

Thank you for your explanations. Indeed my selected podcasts should be mp3s which support the forward skip. Why? Because it still works when I'm adressing these via a locally installed LMS. It also worked fine with mysqueezeboxcom, until it stopped recently.