Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Odroid HC1??

Quote Originally Posted by nervoteso View Post
    which server do you suggest me? banana pi?
    Hi - I've been trying out an Odroid HC1 as a replacement for my Pi2B / Raspbian Stretch LMS+Local Player and so far the results look pretty impressive. Only just available, it's based on the Odroid XU4 but adapted as a headless micro-server, with no display output or GPIO and at a lower overall cost than the XU4 + a USB/SATA adaptor. In truth the P12B is also working well, but I wanted something that would also reliably serve HD video content to Kodi clients and the HC1's combination of built-in, well regarded USB3/UAS SATA bridge, (real) GigE and a chunky heatsink / 2.5" Drive mount looks like it will handle significantly higher throughput.
    After an evening mired in Perl dependency hell with both the Hardkernel and Armbian Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial images I now have a fully working system based on Armbian Jessie running the latest 7.9.1 ARM LMS nightly. I'll do a full writeup once everything is fully up and running and I've migrated the full library, but so far I'm pretty impressed. Definitely more money than a Pi, but far less than a "real" NAS or x86 Server and (to me at any rate) rather more interesting.

More details here: http://www.hardkernel.com/main/produ...=G150229074080

Bought in the UK from here: https://www.liymo.com/index.php?_rou...product_id=817

They're apparently planning an "HC2" version for 3.5" drives (with 12V Power) for release in November, but was too impatient to wait...

Phil
    Last edited by florca; 2017-09-04 at 17:10. Reason: minor corrections
    4x Slim Devices SB3 (White)
    1x Boom, 1x Radio
    1x Joggler + Squeezeplay / Squeezelite + Topping TP30

Everyone has their right price/performance compromise. As the price creeps up you're heading towards Intel NUC territory and genuine hardware x86 processors. Hell, you can pick up a Celeron based HP microserver with four 6gb sata 3.5" drive bays, two gig-e ports and a bunch of USB3 for ú120. No arm server is going to beat that for function or performance or, critical for a lot of people, ease of integration.

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

USB HDD / SyncToy

I've been using Synctoy to synchronise music files from my Desktop PC to the USB HDD attached to my LMS Server. I was using LMS on Max2Play and it worked out-of-the-box.

I've just started using LMS on PiCorePlayer and have set up SAMBA which gives me visibility of the files on the network. But, when I run Synctoy although it properly identifies any changes it cannot commit them to the LMS USB HDD.

I tried changing file attributes using Windows. Unsuccesful.

I tried changing Create File Mode to 666 (from 664). Unsuccessful.

Any help appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbeverley View Post
    I've been using Synctoy to synchronise music files from my Desktop PC to the USB HDD attached to my LMS Server. I was using LMS on Max2Play and it worked out-of-the-box.

I've just started using LMS on PiCorePlayer and have set up SAMBA which gives me visibility of the files on the network. But, when I run Synctoy although it properly identifies any changes it cannot commit them to the LMS USB HDD.

I tried changing file attributes using Windows. Unsuccesful.

I tried changing Create File Mode to 666 (from 664). Unsuccessful.

Any help appreciated.
    Can you write to the Samba share on the Pi from Windows manually ?
    Pi3 with piCoreplayer music on QNAP TS419p via NFS iThingys/iPeng/Tablets/Jogglers
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s
    Office - Pi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN 755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Can you write to the Samba share on the Pi from Windows manually ?
    Yes

I've not tried synctoy, but I would suspect special characters.

Is your USB drive formatted FAT32? Do you have the extra file system support installed? If not install the Extra File system support, then reboot. This will enable UTF-8 encoding on Fat32 devices.