Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SBT & analog outs | No sound

Guys,
    I need your thoughts on the following:

Wanted to connect my trusty SBT to an external Tivoli Audio Radio which has an Aux-in port.
    Hence I connected both via RCA to 3,5mm cable and set up the Touch (WiFi, Analog & Digital output).

Touch was still pointed to my NAS (I used the SBT a while back in my living room system connected to an external USB Dac) so I could choose some music but after the songs started to play, no sound of all coming out of the Tivoli.

I checked the Tivoli with a DAP connected via a 3,5 to 3,5mm cable and sound was there.

So is there anything that I need to set in the Touch what I have missed so far? Don't hope there is an issue with the analog out of the SBT?

Thanks in advance.
    Cheers,
    Markus

Quote Originally Posted by marflao View Post
    Guys,
    I need your thoughts on the following:

Wanted to connect my trusty SBT to an external Tivoli Audio Radio which has an Aux-in port.
    Hence I connected both via RCA to 3,5mm cable and set up the Touch (WiFi, Analog & Digital output).

Touch was still pointed to my NAS (I used the SBT a while back in my living room system connected to an external USB Dac) so I could choose some music but after the songs started to play, no sound of all coming out of the Tivoli.

I checked the Tivoli with a DAP connected via a 3,5 to 3,5mm cable and sound was there.

So is there anything that I need to set in the Touch what I have missed so far? Don't hope there is an issue with the analog out of the SBT?

Thanks in advance.
    Cheers,
    Markus
    If you were using a USB DAC you must have installed EDO on the Touch. There is a setting in EDO to switch off analogue outputs if I remember correctly so check that.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the swift response.
    Checked on my Touch, went to the Applet installer => EDO and a newer version (0.9) than the one I used so far (0.8) was available.
    So I installed the newer one.

After SBT reboot I thought I could set some settings in the EDO app but I couldn't.
    Grabbing my tablet, connected to the LMS on my NAS and looked at the installed plugins but neither see the EDO plugins under the active nor the 3rd party plugins section.

Strange, isn't it?

Thanks for the swift response.
    Checked on my Touch, went to the Applet installer => EDO and a newer version (0.9) than the one I used so far (0.8) was available.
    So I installed the newer one.

After SBT reboot I thought I could set some settings in the EDO app but I couldn't.
    Grabbing my tablet, connected to the LMS on my NAS and looked at the installed plugins but neither see the EDO plugins under the active nor the 3rd party plugins section.

Strange, isn't it?
    EDO would not appear in the LMS plugins only as an applet on the Touch. I have not used EDO for years but are the settings not in the advanced section.

EDO disables analogue out if you use a USB DAC (because the signal isn't sent to the built in DAC!).

EDO settings are local to the SBT in the advanced settings menu.

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Thanks so far guys,

Will have a look later when I'll be back at home.

Had another look at the SBT and I must admit I haven't found any dedicated EDO settings.
    At the Audio Output settings I can choose between "Analog & Digital [current]" and "Digital".
    I stayed with the current one.

That's it. If I go to Apps Gallery > 3rd Party Apps > EDO I don't find any other option than removing the current version (0.9).

Not sure where else to look in order to change any EDO setting.
    Or is resetting the Touch the only chance to make use of the analog out?

Had another look at the SBT and I must admit I haven't found any dedicated EDO settings.
    At the Audio Output settings I can choose between "Analog & Digital [current]" and "Digital".
    I stayed with the current one.

That's it. If I go to Apps Gallery > 3rd Party Apps > EDO I don't find any other option than removing the current version (0.9).

Not sure where else to look in order to change any EDO setting.
    Or is resetting the Touch the only chance to make use of the analog out?
    You could try switching to "digital" and then back to "analog and digital" but something is not right.

Will give it a try tomorrow.
    Many thanks so far.

Cheers,
    Markus

Also make sure the volume is turned up..

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..