Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You need to track more.
    You need to check for playlist length and you also need to check for the shuffle state because if the playlist is shuffled (and the setting to re-shuffle the playlist is enabled) then you can't move a track to a specific location at all. it will get added to the end but when you move the track the playlist gets re-shuffled.
    Adding more than one track is especially painful.

You also need to track the playlist update because playlist editing - especially for long playlists - can take a while so you need to make sure your track is already added when you move it, you can't just send two commands after each other.

I had given up on this, I once wanted to use it for drag&drop insertions into the current playlist but without the capability to insert at a certain index it just doesn't work reliably enough for me.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    You also need to track the playlist update because playlist editing - especially for long playlists - can take a while so you need to make sure your track is already added when you move it, you can't just send two commands after each other.
    I need to add that I do of course use the CLI so this might be less of a limitation when using it from a plugin, don't know whether the command returns asynchronously in that case. It does from the CLI.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch