Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    5

    Using Jivelite standalone and mixed Success using USB devices with 3.11

    I have tried two USB sticks which show up as sda1, sda2 and sda4 as in attached screenshot. These do not mount even though they are formatted to fat32.

    I also tried a ADATA SD730 SSD that was formatted to exFat <- I think this is why this did not work.

    Running out of options I stuck a card reader (Sandisk Micromate SDHC), which did work and appeared as vFat even though it is fat32. the size did not match the actual size of the disk MBs instead of GB. However this did mount.

    I ran out of time but my next step is to format the ADATA SSD to fat32 and see if I can use that. If it works?

    I want to use as a standalone player with the touchscreen (which is working thanks to Eyerex's video on youtube), assuming I solve my memory problem if I add/change music with LMS automatically update or is there a way I can update the library using the touchscreen?

    I am using 3.11 at the moment because 3.12 would not work with RPi 3 Wi-Fi.

    I want to continue with this I like piCorePlayer, will continue to feedback, I also like the joggler interface as well.

    best,
    John
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    944
    vfat is the name of the Microsoft FAT filesystem driver in Linux kernel that supports non-8.3 filenames. Sounds like your USB devices have multiple filesystems on them.


    Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

  3. #3
    Senior Member kidstypike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brindle
    Posts
    2,312
    Quote Originally Posted by jncweb View Post
    I have tried two USB sticks which show up as sda1, sda2 and sda4 as in attached screenshot. These do not mount even though they are formatted to fat32.

    I also tried a ADATA SD730 SSD that was formatted to exFat <- I think this is why this did not work.

    Running out of options I stuck a card reader (Sandisk Micromate SDHC), which did work and appeared as vFat even though it is fat32. the size did not match the actual size of the disk MBs instead of GB. However this did mount.

    I ran out of time but my next step is to format the ADATA SSD to fat32 and see if I can use that. If it works?

    I want to use as a standalone player with the touchscreen (which is working thanks to Eyerex's video on youtube), assuming I solve my memory problem if I add/change music with LMS automatically update or is there a way I can update the library using the touchscreen?

    I am using 3.11 at the moment because 3.12 would not work with RPi 3 Wi-Fi.

    I want to continue with this I like piCorePlayer, will continue to feedback, I also like the joggler interface as well.



    best,
    John
    I format my USB sticks/drives NTFS, never had a problem.

    Name:  pic29-08-2017-16.18.23.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  40.1 KB
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Raspberry Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - RPi 2/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - Radio
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    I format my USB sticks/drives NTFS, never had a problem.
    Using Macs and have another player that uses SD cards so not ideal, but this is good to know that this works. I will see if I can get FAT32 working with either an ADATA SSD or a memory card reader.

  5. #5
    Senior Member paul-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    825
    Drive handling should be better in 3.21. But yes, exfat doesn't work.

    What wifi problems did you have with 3.21? I use the rpi3 wifi every day........

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    5
    Hi Paul,

    Wi-Fi problems were with RPi 3 and picoreplayer 3.20 audio version, so I went back to v3.11 mentioned on a previous thread.

    Wi-Fi settings seemed to be entered correctly, but couldn't connect to network. I have not tried 3.21.

    best
    John

  7. #7
    Senior Member Mnyb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Vństerňs Sweden
    Posts
    16,107
    Quote Originally Posted by jncweb View Post
    Hi Paul,

    Wi-Fi problems were with RPi 3 and picoreplayer 3.20 audio version, so I went back to v3.11 mentioned on a previous thread.

    Wi-Fi settings seemed to be entered correctly, but couldn't connect to network. I have not tried 3.21.

    best
    John
    Why the "audio version" it's basically for very specific i2s needs in most other cases mostly trouble ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

    http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •