Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Digi+ vs Digi+ Pro

Hi everyone

I have now played with Raspberry Pi model B and Digi+ for a couple of years now - powered with a well made linear supply and wires soldered directly on to the PCB of the Pi. It served/serves me well and picoreplayer seems to work perfect with my NAS and the old squeezeserver. Apparently newer versions of Squeezeserver is getting troublesome with my older TS-412 NAS, but if the old version keeps playing, then I'm happy for now.

When Hifiberry announced the Digi+ Pro card - I had to try, since I'm a hifi-geek that like to experiment.
    I bought the Pi model B+ and the Digi+ Pro. But I have only made it work one time. At this one time the Older model B sounded way better than the newer B+. Only difference that struck me, is that the model B+ has a new switching regulator in comparison to the older model B that had linear regulators. I blind tested one of my friends and he clearly heard that the B+ sounded worse and that the model B sounded the same as his super rig.
    Now I found my selv working on a linear power supply for the B+ and therefore trying to make the B+ with Digi+ Pro working again.
    Problem is that even with the two latest versions of picoreplayer - I can choose the Digi+ Pro card as output - but then I reeboot as advised and then squeezelite cant run. When I choose the analog output again, then squeezelite works again.

Any ideas? ( hope I found the right forum )

If someone just had an idea to where I should look, search or what I should post here, to move further in making the Digi+ Pro card work - then it would be fantastic.
    Did no one have any problems with the Digi+ Pro card?

Quote Originally Posted by digital_thor View Post
    If someone just had an idea to where I should look, search or what I should post here, to move further in making the Digi+ Pro card work - then it would be fantastic.
    Did no one have any problems with the Digi+ Pro card?
    I dont know precisely what I have done - but now it works!
    I downloaded Picoreplayer version 3.02 - no luck, then I tried version 3.10 - this did work but had some weird sound that almost resembled af mix of mono and stereo. Finally version 3.20, written to the SD-card with win32diskimager - works perfectly. Suddenly it accepts that I choose my Digi+ Pro and theres is sound right away. But why? Maybe I deleted the SD-card properly this time or else it makes a difference that I have use windows 10 instead of windows 7 - no - I'm guessing wildly here
    But it works and sounds great - even with no special power supply mod, other than feeding the Pi with a good lab supply. I use a DAC with input transformers, so the one at the Digi+ Pro is just there because the board is build like that.

Hope this can be of some help to others

This is on a B+ pCP v3.21 standard

After reboot Squeezelite should look like this.

Name:  1.png
Views: 139
Size:  31.5 KB

Select the player in LMS

Name:  2.png
Size:  65.7 KB

make sure output is at 100%

Name:  3.png
Size:  35.7 KB

The optical output on the converter should be glowing red.

ronnie