Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Bitrate limiting on Ubuntu server (7.9.x)

Hi all, one of my players is SqueezePlayer on my Android phone. Often I use the mobile data network to stream (no wifi in that situation) to that player. All my music is FLAC. I would like to data-limit the stream to the Android phone. I'm not sure how to do so. The player tab has a greyed out Bitrate Limiting option (no lame installed). My server is a Ubuntu 16.04 server with the latest nightly. Isn't SOX suitable for it? Or do I need to install LAME on the machine (and if so, how)? Hope that someone can help me with this.

Thanks, Ralph
    Main system: Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit with Ortofon 2M Red | NAD PP3i | Squeezebox Touch/SB3/Radio | NAD D 3020 | Dynaudio Excite X12.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRalph View Post
    Hi all, one of my players is SqueezePlayer on my Android phone. Often I use the mobile data network to stream (no wifi in that situation) to that player. All my music is FLAC. I would like to data-limit the stream to the Android phone. I'm not sure how to do so. The player tab has a greyed out Bitrate Limiting option (no lame installed). My server is a Ubuntu 16.04 server with the latest nightly. Isn't SOX suitable for it? Or do I need to install LAME on the machine (and if so, how)? Hope that someone can help me with this.

Thanks, Ralph
    https://www.howtoinstall.co/en/ubuntu/xenial/lame

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Try SB player with squeeze cntrl. When on mobile it uses low bit rate. Had to install lame to get this working for spotty.
    SqueezeBoxes: 2x SB2 (Living room and study), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Bedroom)
    Server: LMS on Pi3 7.9.1. on PcP 3.21
    Network: AVM Fritzbox, D-Link Smart Switch 24p, 3x Ubiquity

Thanks all, everything is working!
    Main system: Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit with Ortofon 2M Red | NAD PP3i | Squeezebox Touch/SB3/Radio | NAD D 3020 | Dynaudio Excite X12.