Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ah!
    I'm on a Mac (also have access to Windows),
    Is there a way that I can access the Linux file system?
    Tony
     SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬

In the Pi setup, when you got to LMS > Settings > Information tab, bottom of that page. What is it showing for the location of your "preferences folder". That will be it.
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    Ah!
    I'm on a Mac (also have access to Windows),
    Is there a way that I can access the Linux file system?
    on a windows laptop, I have a program called filezilla that allows me to browse (and copy and paste) into the linux system on the vortexbox server I run.
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    In the Pi setup, when you got to LMS > Settings > Information tab, bottom of that page. What is it showing for the location of your "preferences folder". That will be it.
    /usr/local/slimserver/prefs

ok, I see the favorites.opml now.

Just scp'd my favoites.opml and it worked

Thanks!
    Tony
     SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬

/usr/local/slimserver/prefs

ok, I see the favorites.opml now.

Just scp'd my favoites.opml and it worked

Thanks!
    perfect!

Everything working great (garym, thanks for the help).

When the time comes for an update to piCorePlayer, will my settings be preserved?
    I would think that if I burn a new image of pCP to the micro SD that I would lose my LMS settings.
    Or does the image get burned to a partition different than the pCP partition?
    Tony
     SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬

Everything working great (garym, thanks for the help).

When the time comes for an update to piCorePlayer, will my settings be preserved?
    I would think that if I burn a new image of pCP to the micro SD that I would lose my LMS settings.
    Or does the image get burned to a partition different than the pCP partition?
    No clue. But I suspect a knowledgeable person on Pi can answer, but more likely if posted under a thread title that is more related to the question ('Spotify App is gone' is pretty far from this question).

No clue. But I suspect a knowledgeable person on Pi can answer, but more likely if posted under a thread title that is more related to the question ('Spotify App is gone' is pretty far from this question).
    Yes, you're correct on that. I'll ask in the pCP thread.
    Tony
     SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬

on a windows laptop, I have a program called filezilla that allows me to browse (and copy and paste) into the linux system on the vortexbox server I run. flightserenity
    Thanks. I use Mac. I'll install the client for Mac and see if it will connect with my Ubuntu box. head phone pit
    Last edited by medelin; 2017-10-02 at 07:45.

on a windows laptop, I have a program called filezilla that allows me to browse (and copy and paste) into the linux system on the vortexbox server I run.
    Quote Originally Posted by medelin View Post
    Thanks. I use Mac. I'll install the client for Mac and see if it will connect with my Ubuntu box.
    I just realized that I can use my CyberDuck client to access the files. (Easier than using scp )
    Tony
     SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬