Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Wrong time and other problems

Hello, I have a Touch and Radio and recently they have started to show the wrong time, about 24 minutes fast. LMS (7.7.2) is running on a NAS. I checked the log and it's showing a number of errors - 596, 209, and 223 - indicating that the server can't connect to MSB.com. I also can't login though I used to be able to with the same username and password.

I set up a new account on the Touch and got a message that it had been successful, but I still can't login to that new account via a browser and LMS still can't connect, but I get a new error: 443 request not dispatchable.

Resetting to factory settings on the Touch and Radio does put the time right temporarily but it goes wrong again, always by about 24 minutes.

It's mainly the time problem I want to sort out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well I have found the cause of the wrong time and it has nothing to do with MSB. Despite being set to sync with a NTP server, it doesn't appear to be doing so, or stops doing so. Looks like I'm off to the Synology forums lol.

Try to restart LMS on the NAS not the NAS itself .

LMS usually can't connect myssqueebox.com due to DNS resolving issues if LMS is running before the NAS has a proper network connection and dns .

This is less sensitive in later versions of LMS .

Or simply your dns settings on the NASmight be wrong ?

No need to create multiple mysb.com accounts youmget more problems that way .
    You can still log into to with your creds directly on the internet via you web browser ? If so it's still working if not you can reset the password . Having players spread on several accounts is not functional .

Btw . You don't port forward LMS in your router to external locations ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

No I can't login through a browser - to either the old account or the new account. When I try nothing happens. I mean, when I click the login button I don't get any message saying my credentials are wrong or anything, literally nothing happens. I've tried with different browsers so it's not a browser issue.

I tried asking for a new password before creating the new account but a new one wasn't sent, or at least received.

No I don't use port forwarding and dns settings appear correct.

It's probably a red herring, but some systems don't like the form of email address that my ISP uses, and I've had problems before getting new passwords sent to me, perhaps because the system doesn't recognize it as a valid email address. It's rare but does happen.

It's not a big problem, now I know the time thing had nothing to do with it, because I don't use the site much.

Wrong time and other problems

> No I can't login through a browser - to either the old account or the
    > new account. When I try nothing happens. I mean, when I click the login
    > button I don't get any message saying my credentials are wrong or
    > anything, literally nothing happens. I've tried with different browsers
    > so it's not a browser issue.

I'm pretty sure your server hasn't a proper network configuration. All
    symptoms you mention smell like "can't reach the internet". Did you
    check the server.log file?

--

Michael