Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by matrixed99 View Post
    Is MusicMagicServer a 32-bit app? Could running it on a 64bit system be the problem?
    Yes it's a 32-bit app, but running on a 64bit system has never been a problem, as far as I know.

The problem is with SELinux, which is a kind of enhanced security system. It can find security problems almost everywhere ! (ironic).
    su is usually used to log as root when you're not root, but in our case we try to run a script not as root, when we are, because it's started at boot.
    It's a bit beyond my knowledge, because I never used SELinux, it's not enabled on Mageia by default. I'll do some google search.
    In the meantime,
    Please check that the script in /etc/init.d/mmserver is owned by root :
    $ ll /etc/init.d |grep mmser
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 918 Sep 2 00:01 mmserver
    Most likely, the indications given with the error messages are not enough to fix this.

EDIT:
    I had a look at SElinux, it's a kind of software nightmare made by psychopath sysadmins.
    I suggest to check the SElinux status. If you have:
    $ getenforce
    Enforcing
    If the suggestions given (run as root):
    # ausearch -c 'mmserver' --raw | audit2allow -M my-mmserver
    # semodule -X 300 -i my-mmserver.pp
    don't work and if you don't really need a high security on your system, I suggest to (almost) disable SElinux by setting it to permissive :
    https://access.redhat.com/documentat...ermissive_Mode
    and try.
    Good luck !
    Last edited by Antoniop; 2017-09-04 at 13:44.
    LMS 7.9.0
    on Linux Mageia 5 and RPI 3
    1 SB3, 2 radio, 1 touch
    Plugins : Trackstat, Smartmix, MusicIP, ...

Antoniop, you're a prince! SELinux is definitely the problem, only changing it to "permissive" mode (as you outlined) , which lowers security to non-enforced warnings, allows MusipIP to be run as a systemd service before LMS at startup, works. I did this on two different computers, and on one of them, changing SELinux to the wrong mode "broke" it so that the computer would not boot. A lot of research and time was required to find the solution, going to Grub and adding an entry selinux=0 allowed me to reboot and get MusicIP working. To anyone doing this, I highly recommend that you have a complete image backup to reinstall if you're going to try this. Installing LMS 7.91 on Fedora 26 with MusicIP is possible, but there are quite a few steps involved. I'm going to try to summarize the process Antoniop was so kind to create to make it easy to follow for anyone wanting to do so in the next few days.

Now as far as the MusicMagicMixer GUI, I tried it out, but it didn't work. No error message on the command line, but journal -xe showed: tracker-store[3506]: Could not create FTS delete statement: no such tokenizer: TrackerTokenizer.

After the GUI, I think I'll try out spicefly.....

Antoniop, you're a prince! SELinux is definitely the problem, only changing it to "permissive" mode (as you outlined) , which lowers security to non-enforced warnings, allows MusipIP to be run as a systemd service before LMS at startup, works. I did this on two different computers, and on one of them, changing SELinux to the wrong mode "broke" it so that the computer would not boot. A lot of research and time was required to find the solution, going to Grub and adding an entry selinux=0 allowed me to reboot and get MusicIP working. To anyone doing this, I highly recommend that you have a complete image backup to reinstall if you're going to try this. Installing LMS 7.91 on Fedora 26 with MusicIP is possible, but there are quite a few steps involved. I'm going to try to summarize the process Antoniop was so kind to create to make it easy to follow for anyone wanting to do so in the next few days.

Now as far as the MusicMagicMixer GUI, I tried it out, but it didn't work. No error message on the command line, but journal -xe showed: tracker-store[3506]: Could not create FTS delete statement: no such tokenizer: TrackerTokenizer.

After the GUI, I think I'll try out spicefly.....
    Congratulations !
    This part with SELinux was not an easy task.
    About the problem with the gui, did you see this ?
    LMS 7.9.0
    1 SB3, 2 radio, 1 touch

Quote Originally Posted by Antoniop View Post
    Congratulations !
    This part with SELinux was not an easy task.
    About the problem with the gui, did you see this ?
    I did, and it solved the error message. Now, the gui runs for a few seconds and quits. If you ever have the time, I've attached the Java error log.hs_err_pid5949.log

UPDATE: I found the issue, and the GUI works now! I had downloaded the wrong version (jdk instead of jde) of the Java install you specified. Downloaded jre-1_5_0-linux-i586.bin and it solved the problem. Ignore the attachment with the Java error.Thanks again!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by matrixed99; 2017-09-08 at 23:00.

I did, and it solved the error message. Now, the gui runs for a few seconds and quits. If you ever have the time, I've attached the Java error log.hs_err_pid5949.log

UPDATE: I found the issue, and the GUI works now! I had downloaded the wrong version (jdk instead of jde) of the Java install you specified. Downloaded jre-1_5_0-linux-i586.bin and it solved the problem. Ignore the attachment with the Java error.Thanks again!
    Good news ! Yes, only the JRE works from my experience.
    If you ever discover how to use the gui with a newer version of java, that would interest me, because I'm trying to use on RPI and JRE1.5 doesn't exist on ARM.

Enjoy MusicIp !
    LMS 7.9.0
    1 SB3, 2 radio, 1 touch

Quote Originally Posted by Antoniop View Post
    Good news ! Yes, only the JRE works from my experience.
    If you ever discover how to use the gui with a newer version of java, that would interest me, because I'm trying to use on RPI and JRE1.5 doesn't exist on ARM.

Enjoy MusicIp !
    I tested Java 6, 7, and 8 from the archives from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...ve-139210.html. If you use the 32bit versions, they all work with MusicIP on Fedora 26, at least as far as loading the GUI. There are several errors in loading which are cosmetic only, and don't seem to affect the operation of MusicIP. I haven't tried analysis yet, but I'll update this thread when I do.